ClubAdventist is back!

50,000/Year

Dr. Shane

Street gangs in America recruit 50,000 each year to join them. Why are they better at "evangelism" than the church? This was the question Pastor Rojas asked at a crusade broadcast on Canal Esperanza (Spanish Hope Channel).

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Hi Shane,

They recruit so many because they basically lie to those who are without a good foundation.

In my profession I could increase my sale and make a ton of money, simply by lying.

It's like the some of the mega churches that are told what they want to hear; add a little guilt trip now and then and everyone is happy. Growth happens.

Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate to destruction is wide and the road that leads to it is easy, and there are many who travel it. 14 But the gate to life is narrow and the way that leads to it is hard, and there are few people who find it.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

The solution they offered my wife's brother was a bullet in his head. Somehow I think the church has a little better solutions than that. Too bad he wondered away from the truth.

Quote:
They recruit so many because they basically lie to those who are without a good foundation.

And when the recruited find out about the lies, what's to keep them in the gangs? Fear????

Sorry, guys, but I don't believe that fear is the ONLY thing that keeps them in the gangs....And if you guys believe that, you don't know what you are talking about....

Those gangs are 'familys'... they protect them from outsiders and they help them... there is a positive relationship that is toxic to the individual.

And yes, our church can give true friendship that is not toxic and can eddify the individual as well as bond them to the church. If we are willing to take in new commers...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I am no expert on gangs but I know whatever "help" they give comes at a cost and with strings attached. Nothing at all like the help the church offers.

Pastor Rojas also talked about terrorism and how successful they "evangelize." And in some areas of the world, church members are on fire for the Lord. They talk about the Lord with their coworkers and anyone that they are around. They invite their friends and unconverted family members to church, Bible studies, socials, Pathfinders and other such activities.

When a person is really on fire, his or her religion will be contegious and others will want to get involved with whatever believer is in. In the North American culture, Adventists tend to be overly concerned about offending others with their faith and thus are reluctant to share it.