ClubAdventist is back!

3ABN Prez to VP Wife: "Kowtow or Get Fired"???

Nicodema

Well, that's how I read it anyway. My impression of this might be wrong, and it's possible I'm just projecting and/or passing unfounded judgment without all the facts, but this letter sure sounds to me like a case of Danny Shelton becoming upset with his wife over something (we aren't told what), then firing her from her position at 3ABN to "punish" her and further humiliating her by publishing this letter on the internet for all the world to see. What gives with this nonsense???

What's your impression?

http://www.3abn.org/news/2004/07-chairman-letter.html

(excerpt)

Dear 3ABN Family:

You may have heard by now of changes that have recently happened at Three Angels Broadcasting Network. We believe we owe you, as a loyal supporter of this ministry, an accounting of recent events regarding the former Vice President of 3ABN.

Out of respect for the privacy of those involved, we cannot reveal all details. But after prayer and reflection, we are convicted that we should share with you what we responsibly can.

You may have noticed that Linda Shelton has not appeared on 3ABN telecasts for the last few weeks. That is because as of June 1, 2004, the 3ABN Board of Directors removed Linda from her role as Vice President and as a board member. More recently, she has been discontinued as an employee of 3ABN as well.

We want to assure you that this decision was not made by one or two people, nor was it made in one or two weeks. Rather, the situation developed over nearly five months, and was dealt with by the full 3ABN leadership, including its Board of Directors.

The issue relates to a matter that arose in Danny and Linda Shelton's marriage. They were not able to resolve the matter, despite many attempts with their local pastor and other counselors. It was then brought to my attention as Chairman of the Board.

In order to make a thorough, fair and independent review of the matter, I convened a fact-finding committee of well-known Adventists who are not employees of 3ABN. The committee consisted of myself; William Hulsey, a businessman and mayor of Collegedale, Tennessee; and Kay Kuzma, author and family issues expert. We were counseled in our deliberations and review by Nicholas Miller, an Adventist attorney associated with a major national law firm.

The committee members spoke with all relevant witnesses. It invited Linda to meet with the full committee and to present any witnesses she might wish to have speak on her behalf. Upon reviewing the situation, it was clear to the 3ABN leadership that the source of the conflict lay in certain choices that Linda was making. We asked her, both verbally and in writing, to make different choices. She refused.

Under the circumstances, the board had no real choice but to take the actions it did in regards to Linda’s position at 3ABN. Should Linda reconsider her course of conduct, we would also reconsider our decision regarding her role at 3ABN.

Please pray for Linda, for Danny, and for the 3ABN ministry during this time. We believe in a God of miracles, who can renew and restore. This ministry was started and built through a series of miracles. Those miracles continue to this day, and we believe that many more are yet to come.

(read the rest at the original: http://www.3abn.org/news/2004/07-chairman-letter.html )

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

We are not to judge. That it my opinion. Only those select few who were asked to review the situation were privy to the information.

In my own history, I am well aware that there are things that should be kept private when it comes to individuals. This is likely one of those times.

Prayer is the best we can do.