ClubAdventist is back!

US attacks Iranian consulate-to-be in Iraq

bevin

Quote:
I think only small minority find credibility in what president Bush says.

Between 30% - 40% of the American people are willing to give Bush a fair shake. One may consider that a small minority. I am one that will not give Bush good marks for his Iraq policy but am willing to listen to what he has to say.

The President has done a terrible job in defending his Iraq policies. He has let his opposition define the war. I suspect that most Americans actually believe Bush lied about WMDs and that Bush actually tried to make a Saddam-9/11 connection. Those that are more informed know that he never claimed there was such a connection and that the WMD issue was an intelligence failure and not a lie. However since Bush has done such a terrible job of getting in front of the people, his critics have defined him. He needs to do a lot more interviews like the 60 Mintues piece.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• Woody

• bevin

• lazarus

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Bush is publically stating that he has the authority to push in more troops regardless of what congress says.

I haven't heard him use those words. He is the Commander in Cheif and Congress did authorize him to go to war in Iraq. Congress' ability to micromanage the war is limitted. Any bills Congress wants to pass regarding the war are subject to a Presidential veto and since the Democrats do not have any where near 2/3 majority they would not be able to override a veto.

Quote:
It is time to cut up his credit-card.

In order to cut off funding, Congress would have to pass a budget bill that did not include funding for the war. Bush would veto such a bill and create a standoff.

Quote:
The Senate has oversight committees and the senators on those committees have certain rights and responsiblities. There are such committess such as the Forgien Relations, Armed Services and Intelligence Committees that would certainly give a senator the rights and responsibilties to be traveling abroad and meeting with forgien leaders. Since Senator Clinton is on the Armed Services Committee, she is in such a position to have those rights and responsibilities.

Close, but not quite accurate

Any senator is allowed to travel abroad and talk to foreign leaders, just like any other USA resident

There are traditions like you describe, but these are not legal requirements

/Bevin

A lot of spending for Iraq has come from extra requests for further funding outside the normal budget channels...

which the Republican's have been rubber stamping

and the Democrats won't

/Bevin

Quote:
I suspect that most Americans actually believe Bush lied about WMDs and that Bush actually tried to make a Saddam-9/11 connection

Because he did - both explicitly (he said that WE KNOW WHERE THE WMD ARE) and implicitly (he backed Chenney and others who were making the connection)

I bet most American's don't realize that El Qeida and Saddam Hussein were OPPONENTS not ALLIES because Bush et al lied about that to

/Bevin

A lot of spending for Iraq has come from extra requests for further funding outside the normal budget channels...

which the Republican's have been rubber stamping

and the Democrats won't

/Bevin

It is the truth that it was the Democrats that authorized the spending for the war.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

If Congress doesn't authorize supplemental spending bills for the war, the Bush Administration simply sees that the spending is allocated through the regular appropriations process. Certainly Congress can make it tough on him but that is why he is letting them know he is willing to play tough.

It is complete SPIN to claim al Qeada and Saddam were enemies. Actually Saddam was giving safe harbor to al Qeada leaders that fled Afghanistan before the Iraq invation.

The radical left is only able to get people to believe the rediculous propaganda like Bush lied and Bush promoted a Saddam-9/11 link because Bush does a terrible job of defending his policies. Bush;s PR team is a disaster.

Quote:
Any senator is allowed to travel abroad and talk to foreign leaders, just like any other USA resident

Of course they can do whatever they want to on vacation. If they are not on the correct committees they may find it difficult to get an appointment with forgien heads of state, just like any average US citizen or resident would.

Some have posted that the war to remove Saddam did not have much support from other countries such as France and Russia.

That is true but the truth is that they opposed the war because they wanted the continued Bribes Fraud and conspiracy that they were a part of with Saddam.

UN chief Benon Sevan was indited on charges of all the above today in New York. The payoffs were very beneficial to France and Russia. So ... why in the world would they support a war that would mean a loss of millions and millions of dollars worth of kickbacks to their countries.

Anyone who thinks the UN is worth anything should study the Oil For Food program.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.