ClubAdventist is back!

My Husband

Clio

Thank you Gail and Nan. I just know this is a special gift from Abba. I keep seeing wonderful ripples of changes that are positive in nature everywhere I look from this situation.

It is such a blessing to be able to focus attention somewhere other than his heart.

Thank you for your continued prayers. We're in a bit of a waiting mode for tests scheduled for tomorrow.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clio

• Nan

• puddles

• Gail

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Clio, thank you for the updates. Shall continue to life you and Mike in prayer

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Why do you suppose it is that when Abba blesses us, the evil one attacks even harder?

They were able to identify that this time it's not his heart, but his pancreas has quit making sufficient enzymes for him to be able to digest his food. He's on pancrease now, as well as some other meds that he has to take every 4 hours, some he's taking every 6 hours, and others twice a day.

We’ve been home since early Monday morning, and this has been the week from teh Adversary with Mike’s name all over it. The furnace quit in the garage, so the well-head pump froze. When the pump froze it cracked the casing, broke a pipe, shorted out the motor and pressure switch and nearly burned down the house. Then on Wednesday, my son decided to tell me that he had told his NA group that some things and that he's decided to tell his dad what he had done.

– to which his dad replied, you’re not welcome in my home… and don’t call me dad.

Now... I don't really expect that to stand, and neither does my son.

I am so proud of the growth and maturity my son is displaying after several years of counseling and therapy.

I have reassured my son that I am not abandoning him, and told him that his dad is going to make me choose him or my son. My son.. *tears* bless him, told me to choose his dad so there was some hope of re-establishing a relationship in the future. He’s going to write me letters at my office, so his Dad won’t see them, and realizes that it might be months or even years before a relationship between them becomes possible again.

I was praying for Mike this morning, or maybe in my sleep last night, crying as I did so. Anyway, as I was praying for him a vision of a large, heart-shaped stone or maybe block of ice, came into my mind. I seemed to be hammering away at it with a large sledge hammer. I could feel the vibrations in my hands and arms every time I swung, and I kept crying out Jesus help me. Soften his heart, take away his hardened heart of stone. (guess it was stone) and I could see a crack starting, and chips flying off, and then some outside agency would add more layers, and again I would chip away at this heart of stone. I finally gave up, and cried out, Jesus please do this, it is beyond my strength. But still I keep hammering away at his heart of stone. Not because I have any hope of breaking through on my own, but because somehow, I know Abba wants me to.

Please keep praying for us. I somehow know that although this feels like a dreadful blow, it is all connected with Abba’s promise to save my children, save Mike. But the walking out of it is dreadfully hard.

Mike told me last night in a very broken voice, to sell his gun, sell his tools, do whatever I want to with the cars out back, sell the gold dredge, sell it all and move him into a little apartment. Then he got himself into bed, put his bi-pap mask on, and shut me out.

• Administrators

I think it is true that a serious medical condition also has its effect on a person's emotional well-being. Mike might be saying things differently now than when well

But that doesn't make it any easier. I pray for peace to reside with you in your home...

:(

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Clio.. squeeze.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Oh Clio, I continue to pray for Mike and you.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

I can't reiterate what has already been said by Gail, Pam and Naomi. Just realize we are praying for this entire situation.

Also I think from what you said about Mike wanting you to sell this and that and move him into an apartment, he maybe realizing how hard this week has been on you and doesn't want to be a burden (and this situation with your son is prolly weighing on him as well). As Gail mentioned, medical issues can take a major toll on a person's mental health and well-being. He is so blessed to have you there!

No... It doesn't make it any easier. And I know that he will feel differently as he adjusts to this additional blow.

So.. being the sneaky, loving wife that I am, I'm renting a storage unit. And all his tools, after being cleaned and packed away, are going there. Along with anything else I really want to keep. But I *AM* downsizing... dramatically.

I have enough pots, pans, bake ware, mixers, measuring cups, dishes etc. to furnish three complete kitchens and have done so. Mine, AND my two daughters, and sent 5 boxes to Value Village, the local second hand store. rollingsmile

Heh. And I plan on having a serious downsizing done by March 1st so I can realistically look for a smaller place.

He came out of it enough last night to talk to me, eat a little, and he's at least continuing to take his meds.... that's a huge improvement and something I was a little afraid wouldn't happen.

Abba is all the time good... and HE is working on Mike's heart.

Thank you Naomi. Prayers are the best help their is. Wherever two or more... and there are many more here, gathered in His name.

Clio

He might be. He's also feeling like it's he and I against the world. I also think he's reaching a depth where he will cry out to Abba... because sometimes it takes a two by four to get him on his knees where the Holy Spirit can work.

I am reminded over and over in the last few days that I need to leave this in Abba's hands, for He knows what it best. I may not like the *how* of His working, but He knows best.

I gave my husband over to Him years ago, to ensure that "whatever it takes" we would be together for eternity... therefore I am at peace that though this hurts and is a trial nearly beyond endurance that His strength is made perfect in *my* weakness, and He knows the end from the beginning.

It is perhaps a sign of my weakness that I allow the pain to overwhelm me at times and I cry out for support that is more tangible than the sometimes intangible support from Heaven that must be taken on faith alone....

Clio

Thank you Taylor. Thank you very much. No... it's not an easy road.... but neither was what Jesus did for me. So, "why not me?"

I am thankful He trusts my faith enough to try me so hardly. It is through experiences such as these that our faith grows, for we remember that he saw us through before, and surely He will see us through again, for He changes not, and is faithful and True in all things.

Clio

• Moderators

I too have joined the prayers, Clio. And I know you are encourage and grateful and gladdened for even small positive actions from Mike.

Thank you Nan. I know that for each prayer lifted on our behalf it allows the Holy Spirit to work more freely in ways He might not be able to without that intercessory prayer.

According to the rules of this conflict, Abba must be asked when the one in need cannot ask for themselves... for whatever reason. But even so, free will enters into the equation.

For each one who is willing to stand in the gap with me for Mike while he cannot do so for himself, I am eternally grateful.

Clio

Clio, I have been keeping up on this thread every few days and praying....just not posting. I want you to know that I am keeping yours and Mike's situation in my heart and lifting you all up in prayer.

MG

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

Thanks everyone for your continued prayers. They are much appreciated, and deeply needed. Please pray for his mind, that he not listen to the lies of the evil one, but listen instead for the Holy Spirit and the truth of the Father.

Even the Psalmist was prone to the deep darkness of the soul that plagued him so deeply... Mike is subject to it now. Please pray for him.

Clio God Bless you and your husband.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Although the health crisis continues, the spiritual crisis reached a turning point last night.... for the better.

Abba Father is all the time good and hears the prayers of His children.

Please keep us in prayer.

Thank you. Last night in a woeful tone Mike asked me what he should do about our kids... (long story there... painful too). I told him "Forgive them."

He gave me a really odd look.... but the message got through. He has invited them home to visit for the weekend.

Perhaps as he spews the poison from his spirit, the poison from his body will follow....

Thank you so much for your prayers everyone.