ClubAdventist is back!

Minister, passenger unscathed from plane crash

Key Guy

From KTUU, Ch 2, Alaska

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=6065334

Quote:
Anchorage, Alaska - Two Dillingham men are safe tonight, without a scratch on them, after a dramatic plane crash near Dillingham.

The men were rescued this morning by the Alaska Air National Guard.

It all started about 6 p.m. yesterday after 69-year-old pilot and lay minister Jim Bingman and his passenger, Gavin Thompson, left Togiak to return home to Dillingham. The men were in a single engine Aero Commander 100 on a church mission to finish constructing a new Seventh-day Adventist Church in Togiak.

About halfway back, Bingman suddenly found himself in whiteout conditions in a mountain pass.

"I looked down and there was a bush right in front of my windshield. And so I said, ‘That's not supposed to be there!' and I pulled back on the yoke and leveled out just in time to touch down," said Bingman.

"Ended up flying into the ground. The plane flipped over on its back, proceeding down the mountain for about 1,200 additional feet," said Clint Johnson of the National Transportation Safety Administration.

"At high speed, it was the best toboggan ride you can ask for, like a Disney Land one. You're upside and spinning tail first, back first down the hill, and then face first down the hill, brush and rocks and junk coming up through windshield at you," said Bingman.

Bingman says neither he nor Thompson was injured, not even minor injuries. He says they just got a bit cold waiting overnight for rescuers.

They were rescued this morning by the Alaska Air National Guard.

Bingman sounds pretty casual about the crash. He says he can be so easy-going about it because he and Thompson are men of faith and often pray for protection.

He says he honestly wasn't frightened during the ordeal and knew the Lord was with him.

It happened at a time when both men were on a church mission. He says they wanted to make sure the baptismal was finished in time for a March baptism.

Now that is a miracle! God is definitely good.

We helped to build a church in Dillingham one summer. A group of singles help with a the Maranatha project after presenting a workshop at camp meeting.

I don't want to be misunderstood. I am not sure how to say this in a kind way. But, I do want to ask the question. So ... here goes .

Since the passenger is safe we say ... "God is definitely good".

Sometimes the ones we love will die in the service of God. Does that mean in those situations that God is Bad?

Please don't misunderstand me. This is a serious question that I struggle with personally. I would love a serious response. I do not mean to criticize anyones belief. I just struggle with the issue.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I think there is far more to the "great controversy" and what goes on behind the scenes than most of us realize. Sometimes people die and we see it as a curse. But maybe God has other reaons for letting them die and they are merciful reasons that we can't understand. Death is always sad but perhaps at times life is even sadder for certain people under certain circumstances. For instance, what if by living, a father were go to through the experience of seeing his daughter brutally raped an murdered and the perpetrator never brought to justice. For some, this would be enough to about drive them to insanity. Maybe God in his mercy allows that father to die so he doens't have to go through that. Now as to why he doens't step in and save the daughter from this horrific event, I don't have the answers. All I know is that we live in a sinful world where God has allowed the Devil to have a very long reaching influence in the struggle to prove that his (the devil's) way is best for this world. God, in giving us freedom, has also had to limit himself or he would create a utopia where sin would abound with no consequences.

Just my 2 cents

I don't have an opinion Darlene ... I was asking a question.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

The Bible says God is good. cat_purrr.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Well, since the motion's been seconded, I'll add my vote! :)

Through good and bad, God is very good!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It is good to hear all the votes. I agree. I only hope that we can make it clear to all. Sometimes we need to hear that God is good even more when things are going Bad.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Again and again I have reminded myself of the experience of Job, who if any person did, had cause to wonder about the question under discussion. He came through and in the end got no explanation, just the assurance that God was there and still in control.

Is that what faith is - acknowledging that God is good in everything?

It is good to hear all the votes. I agree. I only hope that we can make it clear to all. Sometimes we need to hear that God is good even more when things are going Bad.

No matter how horrible the situation, including death, I believe that Abba knows the end from the beginning... and as such is in a better state to judge what is necessary at any given moment in time.

I believe He will give me the strength to bear whatever He brings me to, whether it be the death of a beloved family member (I have already experienced such) or friend. Even in my darkest trials, I believe Him to be good.

His goodness toward me is not limited to the here and now... in fact much of what He brings me to in the here and now could be construed by human terms as "bad". His goodness toward me is for all eternity. And the "now" means nothing compared to eternity with Abba and the goodness prepared for me there.

Again taking Jesus as our example, and understanding that as Blood Covenanted children of the King, Abba cannot act towards us any differently than He did toward Jesus, then realize that in order for Abba's plans to come to fruition sometimes we must suffer and even die, that those who might otherwise be lost might be saved.

And knowing the end from the beginning as He does, just perhaps that one who is saved might be ourself! I will not rail against One who has nothing but my eternal well-being as His most prime motivator. And if my trials in anyway prove His innocence of all the Adversary's charges... then bring it on Abba. Just give me Your strength to stand for You.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Quote:
His goodness toward me is not limited to the here and now..

Clio ... you are so right. This is the key. Our life on this sinful earth is not what matters. It is our eternal life that matters and God knows what is best for the LONG term.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

My husband died just over two years ago. Even in that, I can say God is good. I don't understand at all why, but I know He is good, and I can see His hand in what happened then, the timing, and the circumstances. It is easier to understand God's goodness in happy outcomes, but important to recognize His goodness in trying circumstances.

LD

My husband died just over two years ago. Even in that, I can say God is good. I don't understand at all why, but I know He is good, and I can see His hand in what happened then, the timing, and the circumstances. It is easier to understand God's goodness in happy outcomes, but important to recognize His goodness in trying circumstances.

Thank you LynnDel ... This is exactly my point. We do need to praise God in all things. IF we just praise God when good things happen then it gives the wrong impression.

I believe in Hematology.