ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about being BORN AGAIN

Stan

Sorry to pull this out of the thread, but this bears repeating again and again:

" To the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness". Rom. 4:5

Amen.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gerr

• Woody

• John317

• Stan

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:
Quote:

Knowledge is not MY Saviour ... Jesus is my Saviour. I accept HIM even though I don't "know" him as I should. I do accept Him on Faith.

Many feel that knowledge or our works will save us ... But Paul says " To the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness". Rom. 4:5

To me, faith that is not based on evidence is blind and is dangerous. Weighing of the evidence requires knowledge. There is no doubt that faith gets us inside the door of the kingdom. The moment a sinner believes, confesses Jesus as his Lord and Savior, he/she is born again, a newborn spiritual babe. Is God satisfied that believers remain diaper Christians? Messes & all? I think not!!!

[color:red] "But also for this very reason, giving ALL diligence, ADD to your faith virtue, to virtue KNOWLEDGE to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins." 2 Pet 1:5-9 NKJ.

Gerry

• Moderators

Quote:

Personally I have found here that some individuals feel that only THEY have the TRUTH. And they can do a great job of quoting slanted Ellen White quotes and Bible quotes. Both sides can do a lot of quoting. What it comes down to is your interpretation. And I find little tolerance of those with difference interpretation. I see far to many statements like .... Well don't you believe in the Bible? Don't you believe in Ellen White?

What they mean is that you can't possibly believe in Ellen White if you don't believe in THEIR interpretatiion.

Tell me, please, what possible slanted interpretation one can possibly put on these statements:

[color:red]"Now, it is actually being said that there is sexual immorality among you, so terrible that not even the heathen would be guilty of it. I am told that a man is sleeping with his stepmother! How, then, can you be proud? On the contrary, you should be filled with sadness, and the man who has done such a thing should be expelled from your fellowship." 1 Cor 5:1,2 GNT.

"It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father's wife. You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who has done this deed would be removed from your midst." NASB

Could interpretations that are poles apart be both right?

Gerry