ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about making the Sabbath

Stan

Well, I like to go out and I am not really very social but I mean why bother with the crowds? You come, you listen to the sermon, you leave. Simple as 1,2,3.

k3ur8n.gif

Agreed, but "listening to the sermon" is not the same as "spending time with God."

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

If we dont go to church its not cause we forgot

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

Lev 23:3 “ ‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the LORD.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am not sure if this topic belongs here. I do not know how to post a new message so I am posting it here hoping to get some replies.

Many go for a ride in the Sabbath afternoon or go for a walk, some leisurely and others vigorously, some go bird watching while others go deep sea diving for fish watching, or some just go to bed for their eyes get rested. I have a 32' sailboat. I have been refraining from sailing on the Sabbath afternoon as I feel it is not a proper Sabbath activity. My son and others asked me what the difference is for going out for a ride in a car and sailing. I would appreciate for some input on the matter. Thanks.

Won

Hi, Won..good to see you again.

I wouldn't call many of the activities mentioned above objectionable in themselves as Sabbath Activities BUT...... some of them require an great deal of preparation to participate in the activity. I do not haul out my scuba equipment, check it out, haul it to the site, suit up and go watch fish...HOWEVER.... if I lived in a place like Palau where the underwater visibility is 200 ft. I might just grab my mask,fins and snorkel and go look at all the glorious coral and brilliant fish.

Sailing for you doesn't feel right so you go with your instinct. Not a problem for me because I don't have a sailboat. I don't 'go for a drive' on Sabbath because I get no pleasure in driving. If you asked me if I wanted to take a walk out in the Florida woods and see if we could catch a Corn snake I might jump at the chance. (except that it's too hot)... Some things we don't do because we were raised in an era

where 'we just didn't do things' because it wasn't proper but the reasons why not didn't really hold much water. I wonder whether taking a nap on Sabbath is the best activity..but who am I to talk?? I just finished mine. Regards, G

• Members

Won I agree with what gladussee said. To add to that a little. It also is how we are brought up too. It might be old fashion to some but that's the way it is. We should never condemn or tell others what is right to do on the Sabbath.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

This is a case where I would suggest ... ' if it don't feel right .... don't do it'. You can't go wrong. If your heart is right with God then your actions will follow. God is not up there judging you for what you did or did not do. But it does impact your spiritual life. And you want to do your best to improve your spiritual life. So, try to use sound judgment that is Biblically based. I'm glad to hear that you have that still small voice and are listening to it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I already answered that Won, in the other thread, where you asked the same question. But I can answer again. I was visiting with my brother in Maryland, after having visited with my Mom in Florida.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

That's OK, I hear when you get older the first thing to go is the memory. :)

pk

phkrause

( I forgot .... what are ye talking about?)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I'm not sure, I've forgotten! hahahahaha

pk

phkrause