ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about Religious Liberty INSIDE our..

Stan

We don't talk about Religious Liberty INSIDE our Church.

Many of the founders of the Church would not be welcome. They feared forming an organization as the viewed the day would come that if you did not follow what 'everyone believed' you would be booted out.

I am so thankful for "Ben and Gerry", no, not the Ice Cream, although it does sound good right now.....hmmmm.. I better get back on track Drs. Ben Herndon and Gerry Cabalo, who clearly and logically can discuss differences with each other, without being threatened nor rude...

May we have more "Ben and Gerrys".

It MUST be ok to differ without stoning people....

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I am so thank ful for a LOT of people here... Not just "Ben & Gerry", but there is something about the sound of those name I like.

Craving Ice Cream now

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Yes, we should be able to disagree with each other without being disagreeable. However I think that is a skill that is developed over time and needs to be nourished by others in the church.

Part of this is learning not to push other peoples' buttons. The other part is not being so sensitive that we let others push our buttons.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Another thing we could do is to make things right when we do push someones button. We do not have to accept blame but we can accept sorrow for seeing another person hurt.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Does God believe in religious liberty?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Sure He does... with all the attendant consequences of making the choice to have a religion contrary to His Will.

He's the Creator. Creator's can be dictators if they so choose, after all their creations owe them their everything. But Abba chooses benevolence but then says, "If you choose other than as I have ordained is good, right, and the order of My government, and commit High Treason by putting someone or something in the place I have reserved unto myself, then you will reap the consequences".

And then He provides every possible assistance, even up to the cross, to make it possible for each person to choose Him, and thus choose Life and all the wonderful blessings He wants to give.

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Administrators

I LIKE this discussion! Thanks for starting it!

One thing that amazes me when I see it is the unifying action of the Holy Spirit. This doesn't mean that we all agree on everything all the time but it means that we can carry on a discussion viewing many angles, keep our viewpoints if we feel immpressed to do so and allow others the freedom to walk as the Lord leads. Then the love comes through, for we have accomplished something that doesn't occur as remarkably in common society

When this happens, I praise the Lord. Then the Scripture comes true that says that we shall be known by our love for each other. Those outside and inside the church will take note.

I, too, appreciate the two doctors :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Does God believe in religious liberty?

Good Question Laz ...

I do know that some of us take liberties with religion.

Is that religious liberty??

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 6 months later...