ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about the joy of living in Christ

Gail

• Administrators

enough.

This could be just a North American problem, do you think?

Laodicean stuff

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Because living in Christ can mean chastening, rebuke, discipline, feet held to the fire. There is little joy at the time of the refining process. For many, the joy comes later.

Gerry

• Administrators

True, but what does it mean when the Bible says to "count it all joy" when facing trials?

It also says, "rejoice evermore" 1 Thess. 5:16

But we get caught up in what OTHER people are supposed to not be doing very easily. Gossip usually spreads bad news rather than good. These kinds of things prevent me from smiling and rejoicing, whereas the gospel of Christ (I feel) should cause us to have joy

Not to say that there isn't a place for rebuke and chastening, but I wish there wasn't such a word as Sadventists...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

There is a deep, quiet joy that comes from living in Him. It is like a still, silent pool in the center of my spirit. Even in the hardest trials, my darkest times, even when I cry from the emotional pain, there is a still, quiet pool of joy that this too, shall end, and all will be well because He cares for every footstep.

The last few days have been amazing.... and even in the midst of trials and stress, the pool of joy remains....

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Moderators

Yes, it is sad.

Perhaps you can elucidate on what you mean by "joy of living in Christ?" Is it a smile on the face? Is it an attitude of standing by God no matter what? Did Abraham have joy while he was on his way to Mt. Moriah to sacrifice his son? Jesus in Gethsemane? On the Cross?

Gerry

• Administrators

It is a number of things, from a smile on the face to a willingness to put oneself out for another, to submitting to another or sacrificing cheerfully in order to live unselfishly.

It is a happy disposition, laughter and contentment and an ability to see the good in others.

All because Jesus has touched one's heart.

It is hard to describe but we all know a person or two or three who seem "different" and radiant from the inside.

• Administrators

It is a number of things, from a smile on the face to a willingness to put oneself out for another, to submitting to another or sacrificing cheerfully in order to live unselfishly.

It is a happy disposition, laughter and contentment and an ability to see the good in others.

All because Jesus has touched one's heart.

It is hard to describe but we all know a person or two or three who seem "different" and radiant from the inside.

Gail, I like your description. IMHO, if we are happy in our Lord, our spirits should show it!

I used the Ben Franklin method to sort out reasons to be happy and share my happiness in my day-to-day life. This is what I found which helps me when I feel a little stiff necked or depressed.

We know where and how we will spend eternity ... at least we hope we do. We know that God will not let his sons and daughters go hungry. We know we are all children of The King and therefore we should not have to be concerned about class distinction. .

We are relieved of the tremendous burdens associated with the judging of our brothers and sisters; Christ has taken that responsibility.

It's rather sad to know that we have The Truth and are not filled-up and overflowing with joy and excitement: All day, ever day. Yet, it seems that if a person isn't mostly serious their spirituality is questioned.

A relative (Roger Miller) once wrote a song in which he sang, “You can’t roller skate in a gold-fish bowl, but you can be happy, if you’ve a mind to.” Few have a perfect life, we live on a sinful ball of mud, but it is our choice to give glory and praise to God and be happy, from the inside out … or walk around grim and depressed.

We have nothing to fear except fear itself.

I do have a personal question which does not require a public answer: Do we ever feel more comfortable praising God's gifts of daily blessings among our non-member friends and acquaintances than those within our own denomination?

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

I do have a personal question which does not require a public answer: Do we ever feel more comfortable praising God's gifts of daily blessings among our non-member friends and acquaintances than those within our own denomination?

I must say the answer to that question is a resounding YES .

Several times in the last few years I've praised Abba publically in church during prayer time and been told, "Well, who are you to have your prayers answered every single time. Sometimes God says No!" My response is always, "Not since I learned to pray in ways He could honor and quit trying to set boundaries on how He answers the prayer."

There is such joy in watching His workings unfold in answer to your prayers.

Sometimes, I get so totally stressed by "how" He answers I can't see the blessing for the preconceived notion of how I expected Him to answer... and then someone will come along and say... "But weren't you praying for XYZ?" and WHAMO! It's all joy because I can watch His ways unfold.

A heart where He alone has first place.

There is a plumbing contractor that works for me that will often praise God for his blessings and I find him to be an inspiration. He will come into my office and while waiting for me, or whoever he needs to talk to, tell my secretary specifically (not generally) how Jesus is making a difference in his life.

Once when I was in a meeting with him and two engineers, his wife called him on his cell phone. After talking to her quickly he told us how wonderful it is that God has blessed him with a Christian wife.

I try to follow his example and where my faith on my sleeve, so to speak. Often I find the joy of living for Christ comes from denying self. I rarely regret denying self.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 5 months later...

[color:#FF6600] we are lacking enough to share and witness the joy of living with Christ because simply because we are enjoying worldly pleasure on this earth the Laodecian church or our condition now living in the last days its neither hot nor cold, and even though we have alot of experiences we are hoarding and keeping for ourselves. Unless we dont have any thing to share, because its hard to share when you dont have anything to share with

• 8 months later...

"Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed." Isaiah 54:10.

He speaks peace to us. "Peace to you." John 20:21.

"Peace, peace to him who is far off and to him who is near, says the Lord, And I will heal him." Isaiah 57:19.

"I will hear what God the Lord will speak. He will speak peace to His people and to His saints." Ps.85:8.

"He shall speak peace to the nations." Zachariah 9:10.

"And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near." Eph.2:17.

Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness need not wait one moment before they may make peace with God. They need not wait until they have made a suitable repentance before they may claim this blessing. These dear souls may have the blessing even now.

"Now is the accepted time. Now is the day of salvationl" 2 Cor.6:2.

"Today if you will hear His voice, do not harden your heart." Heb.4:7.

"Peace to you." John 20:21.

"He speaks and it is done!" Psalm 33:9.

"And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7.

For "He Himself is our peace." Eph.2:14.

"Peace to you." Amen! John 20:21.

"Being justified by faith, we have peace (and love and joy) with God." Rom.5:2.

And the peace and the love and the joy thus imparted are in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God! Matt.4:4.

sky

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee." Isaiah 26:3.

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Quote:
I wish there wasn't such a word as Sadventists...

Very true! There is no reason to be sad. When we have an abiding trust in God, we have an underlying sense of confidence in our god -- a confidence that He keeps His promises (such as:- "I will be with you always, even to the end of the age").

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

"Let the people understand that you have a message that means life, eternal life to them if they accept it. If any subject should enthuse the soul it is the proclamation of the last message of mercy to a perishing world. But if they reject this message it will be to them a savor of death unto death... Keep the voice of the Bible ever before them." Evangelism, p.297,296.

"The voice of the Lord is powerful. The voice of the Lord is full of Majesty." Psalm 29:4.

'All His promises ("Every command is a promise") and warnings, are but the breathing of unutterable love." Steps to Christ, p.35, bottom of page.

All His commandments, injunctions, and warnings are the impartation of the Spirit to fill up the measure of the law's requirements to him who receives them as the voice of God from Heaven speaking to himself in promise, for,

"In every command or injunction that God gives, there is a promise, the most positive, underlying the command." Mount of Blessing, p.76.

Jesus said, "The words that I SPEAK unto you, they are Spirit and they are Life." John 6:63.

In other words, "The Scriptures are to be received as God's word to us, not written merely but spoken. The Bible is the voice of God speaking to us, just as surely as we could hear it with our ears. If we realized this, with what awe would we open God's word and with what earnestness would we search its precepts." Ministry of Healing, p.122; 6 T 393; Psalm 119:161,162.

This can only mean that "In every command and in every promise of the word of God is the power, the very life of God, by which the command may be fulfilled and the promise realized. He who by faith receives the word is receiving the very life and character of God." Christ's Object Lessons, p.38.

"The creative energy that called the worlds into existence is in His word. This word imparts power, it begets life. Every command is a promise; accepted by the will, received into the soul, it brings with it the life of the Infinite One. It transforms the nature and re-creates the soul in the image of God. The life thus imparted is in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." Education, p.126.

"His power, His very life dwells in His word. Receive the word in faith and it will give you power to obey." Mount of Blessing, p.150.

He who receives the ten commandments or any other commandment or injunction or warning as the Voice of God speaking to himself is receiving the Divinity of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus to fulfill the righteous requirements of the holy law of God. This is the message of the righteousness of Christ by faith, for "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." Rom.10:17.

It is the voice of God we hear in the Scriptures. "Keep the Voice of the Bible ever before the people." Evangelism, p.296.

Through the virtue of the merits of Christ's infinite sacrifice the Lord God will cause His glorious voice to be heard (Isaiah 30:30) through the Scriptures that the word might become life to those who find them and health to all their flesh. See Proverbs 4:20-22.

God the Father is sitting on the eternal Throne and He declares that a ramsom has been paid, that man has been purchased at an infinite cost by the great sacrifice that has been made. Now He declares that He has every right in the contest with Satan, to speak wonderful words of life to the human race. If they will hearken unto His voice, they may live even forevermore:

"Out of Zion the Lord has given the command, even life forevermore." Ps.133:3.

Jesus said, "I know that His commandment is, Live forever." John 12:50.

In the book Acts of the Apostles, the Spirit of Prophecy expresses this amazing fact wonderfully, the last message of mercy to a perishing world:

"We see in the midst of the throne One bearing in hands and feet and side the marks of the suffering endured to reconcile man to God. We see a Father, infinite, dwelling in light unapproachable, yet receiving us to Himself through the merits of His Son. The cloud of vengeance that threatened only misery and despair, in the light reflected from the cross reveals the writing of God: Live, sinner, live! ye penitent, believing souls, live! I have paid a ramson." p.333.

"Satan cannot hold the dead in his grasp when the Son of God bids them live. He cannot hold in spiritual death one soul who in faith receives Christ's word of power. God is saying to all who are dead in sin, 'Awake thou that sleepest, and rise from the dead.' Ephesian 5:14. That word is eternal life. As the word of God which bade the first man live, still gives us life; as Christ's word, 'Young man, I say unto thee, Arise,' gave life to the youth of Nain, so that word, "Arise from the dead," is life to the soul that receives it.. If we receive the word, we have the deliverance. " Desire of Ages, p.320. "Out of Zion the Lord has commanded the blessing, even life forevermore." Ps.133:3.

"And this is the promise that He has promised us--eternal life." 1 John 2:25.

"Every command is a promise." Education, p.126.

So, brother, sister, it is the will and good pleasure of the Father that you and I live forever. He has paid the ransom. Now He bids us live even forevermore! Is there not cause for rejoicing? His will is omnipotent. He does everything by His powerful word. The voice of the Lord has lost none of its power. It is full of the creative energy to accomplish that which He pleases. Will we allow His glorious voice to have free course in us? That is the question.

"Pray for us that the word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified, just as it is with you." 2 Thess.3:1.

"Today if you will hear His voice, do not harden your heart." Heb.4:7.

sky

In a nut-shell, the whole law and the prophets are fulfilled in one word: "Live, O sinner, Live! even forevermore! " Ps.133:3. And the life thus imparted is in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God! Matt.4:4.

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.