ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about how we take it out on....

Stan

All is well ... God is in control

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Not everyone does so.

Abba is the master of plan B... able to turn even negative experiences to the good of those who love Him.

Abba never makes mistakes, and He is always in control.

A heart where He alone has first place.

• Members

We don't talk about how we take it out on God, when a human does an injustice to us...

Erhmmm....well......I feel sorta like the Lone Ranger here. There are still times when I want to take things out on God when His *people* are less than kind to me. It's because they have taken on the name of *Christian* - which, to me, means they are followers of Christ. When their words or actions hurt me, I look at the totem pole of Christianity, and at the top is Christ. The ones below are His representatives....or should be. So what they do is representative of Christ/God in my mind.

(Please don't tell me to just look at Christ. That's a cop-out.)

It is very difficult to remember or justify in my mind that the *Christian* ninny is merely being selfish, and that Christ had nothing to do with that. I understand that is the way of it though...leastways, I think I do.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Yes, Pam, it is amazing that God trusts us with what He does. I often think that I get in the way and how patient He must have to be with me!

It would be so much easier for Him to just assign angels to do this or that, say, take the message of salvation to the world, or minister to the poor, etc. But He entrusts us erring mortals to show His character

That's food for thought, for sure!!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
We don't talk about how we take it out on God, when a human does an injustice to us...

Erhmmm....well......I feel sorta like the Lone Ranger here. There are still times when I want to take things out on God when His *people* are less than kind to me. It's because they have taken on the name of *Christian* - which, to me, means they are followers of Christ. When their words or actions hurt me, I look at the totem pole of Christianity, and at the top is Christ. The ones below are His representatives....or should be. So what they do is representative of Christ/God in my mind.

It is very difficult to remember or justify in my mind that the *Christian* ninny is merely being selfish, and that Christ had nothing to do with that. I understand that is the way of it though...leastways, I think I do.

Pam -

Abba will never abrogate someone's free will. Each "Christian" has the free will to do or say things contrary to Abba's will. They also have the free will to repent, and apologize.

Only the side of the Adversary will glory in automaton's who are incapable of freely choosing to do something contrary to the tenets of those with whom they identify.

Also, just because someone calls themself a Christian, doesn't mean Christ lives in them. There are "cultural" christians, meaning those whose parents raised them a certain way, and they "know" what they "should" do, but they have no understanding of why.

This results in the kind of condition one saw in the Pharisees. Jesus called them "whited sepulchres". Or tombs full of rotting things that were white-washed on the outside to "look good" to passers-by.

Knowledge without Love results in the kind of treatment you have received. That is why Love always trumps Knowledge. Led by Love you can't go wrong. And by Love I mean as it is defined in 1 Corinthians 13.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body *to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

A heart where He alone has first place.

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen

If I looked to God's representitives for good ... I would reject God completely. I think we have to look at the Bible. We will see the Love that we need there. Men and Women are just to faulty to see God in. Men will fail but God doesn't.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Well then, why bother to have representatives of Christ here on earth if they are not to REPRESENT Him????

I never said I expected Christians to be perfect or even good. Sheesh, if I found one like that I'd probably keel over dead on the spot.

But saying that one should only look to the Bible is like saying *I can do/say anything I want to you - because you shouldn't look at me...you should just be looking at the Bible....nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhh.*

When are Christians going to start taking some responsibility for their words and actions? Novel idea, huh?

btw, the Corinthians quote that Clio gave is to me the epitome of what Christianity is all about.

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I agree with you...

What good is the power of God if it isn't there or it isn't really doing anything?

I used to ask myself if it was reasonable to expect that there would be something "different" to a Christian over the ordinary non-believing person

Far too often, though, unfortunately, we misrepresent the Lord.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

That is why it is best to place our trust fully on Christ. He can turn a bad situation into a good and work things to the best for us, in spite of what should happen but doesn't

Quote:
I used to ask myself if it was reasonable to expect that there would be something "different" to a Christian over the ordinary non-believing person

Personally I have seen worse Christians compared to nonChristians and I have seen some that are better. So I do not feel that looking to others is safe.

I would look to someone who does not fail.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Personally I have seen worse Christians compared to nonChristians and I have seen some that are better. So I do not feel that looking to others is safe.

I think we've all seen professed Christians who are little more than puppets on the strings of Satan.

Quote:
I would look to someone who does not fail.

And how will you know Him when you *see* Him? (just a rhetorical question)

backtopic

I regret the times I've blamed God for the evil machinations of people against me.. I've gotten right up in His face (so to speak) and yelled at Him. I've pounded on His chest in anger, fear, and frustration....while all the time He had His arms around me. I just didn't know it.

**ponders**

If someone had told me even 2 1/2 years ago that I would write the above, I'd have laughed them right into the setting sun. Amazing what God can do...

Quote:
I regret the times I've blamed God for the evil machinations of people against me.. I've gotten right up in His face (so to speak) and yelled at Him. I've pounded on His chest in anger, fear, and frustration....while all the time He had His arms around me. I just didn't know it.

What this tells me about Pam is that she is human just like me.

I believe in Hematology.