ClubAdventist is back!

Guacamole study

Gail

I am trying out some new materials I have acquired. This was done with Caran D'Ache Neocolor II artists' crayons, water-soluble. The details were filled in with Caran D'Ache Museum aquarelle pencils. I used a texture fixative in between. The paper is Aquarello 140 lb cold-pressed watercolor paper.

From the album:

Color Your World- Gail

· 14 images
  • 14 images
  • 1 comment
  • 46 image comments

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

LynnDel, where are you? LynnDel has been studying watercolor and I have asked her to share some of her pictures. She is really coming along!

This is delightful! You're working in the media of painting/art.

And pics of food tantalize my imagination a lot. 

My hubby worked 10 years for the SDA as a Literature Evangelist. Actually he was employed with tenure as an Art teacher. The mental stresses he was having because of supervisors, pupil aggression's, and demands of the ministry of education protocols built up much mental illness suffering in him. He was on the brink of emotional breakdown. I suggested he ask for a sabbatical and go work for the church. The request was granted and after 6 years of initial school service he changed over to LE. 

The years of sabbatical ended and he returned back to his teaching position in the secondary school system. He was a stronger person and was able to cope better with the school stress that he had to deal with day for day. After he reached retirement I was so happy for him. Life for me was way happier because of having him around to do home maintenance work which was so needed. We started to prepare the meals together and we were able to take day trips around our  region on sunny days.

Since retirement he has been active painting murals and landscapes. By last count it was 200 canvases finished. I don't know where it all is going. I just want to photograph each  and every one and put them up for sale on Ebay. It is a daunting thought for me because I've never used that media. I hope to find someone who will be able to take the time to help me with the how-to-do of uploading to Ebay.

• Administrators

How wonderful!  Painting is great therapy :)   It would be nice if your husband could also generate a bit of income, too.

Watercolor is not my favorite medium, but your subject is one of my favorites.  It is the superfood for diabetics in my opinion and I've done hundreds of hours of research into diet for diabetics, being one myself.

That being said, I wish I had some of that kind of talent.  My artistic talent is limited to stick men.

• Administrators

Art is one of those things that connects the heart. Even though there is some stuff out there that evokes chuckles due to lack of technique, I believe that all art is okay, especially if it makes one happy.

:) 

• Moderators
On 2/2/2017 at 2:31 AM, aka said:

I just want to photograph each  and every one and put them up for sale on Ebay. It is a daunting thought for me because I've never used that media. I hope to find someone who will be able to take the time to help me with the how-to-do of uploading to Ebay.

I'm wondering how this project is going, aka. It sounds worthy of doing! Some people take photos of their work and shrink them down and make greeting cards they sell on Etsy.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.