• Like 3

From the album:

Color Your World- Gail

· 14 images
  • 14 images
  • 1 comment
  • 46 image comments

Recommended Comments

Very nice, Gail.  You seem to have quite a talent at this.  You seem to really have a knack for getting vibrant colors out of watercolors.  Most watercolor paintings I have seen appear washed out and dull to me.  This does not.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Gary K said:

Very nice, Gail.  You seem to have quite a talent at this.  You seem to really have a knack for getting vibrant colors out of watercolors.  Most watercolor paintings I have seen appear washed out and dull to me.  This does not.

Thanks, Gary :) 

Well, truth be told, the medium I used in this one is not straight watercolour. It is called, Inktense, by Derwent, and is water-activated ink. That is the reason for the vibrancy. So far it is my favourite medium.

I have, though, just acquired a set of a new line of watercolour coloured pencils that are supposed to be as intense. They are called, Museum by Caran d'Ache. I am eager to give them a go :)  I love colour! 

• Administrators

Someone who does some great work is LynnDel, who has been experimenting with watercolour. I've asked her to share but think she has been having trouble uploading her files. I hope she finds a solution soon

• Moderators

Solution found! One watercolor added today. I started in oils years ago, and that probably is one reason most of my paintings have the pigments laid on so thickly and don't look typically watercolorish. I do love the watercolor look, however -- loose watercolor. Maybe I'll loosen up one of these days.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, LynnDel said:

Solution found! One watercolor added today. I started in oils years ago, and that probably is one reason most of my paintings have the pigments laid on so thickly and don't look typically watercolorish. I do love the watercolor look, however -- loose watercolor. Maybe I'll loosen up one of these days.

You know what? I think that each experience adds to the whole. That is what makes each experience unique! It reminds me of our spirituality. We are influenced by an equation that is only ours.

• Moderators

So true, Gail. We really can't understand any other individual and can't expect them to know the depth of our spiritual experience, but those on our journey with Christ are part of our family, with family-type misunderstandings.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.