ClubAdventist is back!

A barn in the wilderness

LynnDel

Watercolor is another hobby. Maybe one of these days I will be able to make enough to pay for the supplies. This is one of my efforts from a few months ago. I used Sonnet watercolors on the cheaper Canson paper, 9x12 inches. The reason I got started on this watercolor track is Gail Steel! We started doing a little "together" (online tutorials) a couple years ago, but I foundered and didn't really get going until last summer. Thank you for the inspiration, Gail!

Copyright

© LynnDel

From the album:

Color Your World- LynnDel

· 9 images
  • 9 images
  • 0 comments
  • 16 image comments

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

YES! I have so looked forward to seeing LynnDel post a painting! Yes, we are a type of spiritual sisters here. And LynnDel (and Naomi and Debbym with her zentangling) were all an inspiration to me to put aside some time to relax (and create) in this way.

Looking forward to more! Art is more than a photograph, as it mixes the heart into the work. It's the difference between a meal from a box and a home-cooked dinner.

• Moderators

Thank you! One of the reasons I thought I might take up watercolor is that I have three boxes of frames. But then there is the problem of the matting ($$$).

• Moderators

The trouble is, the ones I like take $$$. I've tried the cheaper ones, ruined several mats. Gave up. Sigh.

• Moderators

Photography in itself is quite an art. It takes a good eye to know what makes a good photo. The majority of people who wield a camera are not artists, but with all of us having cameras these days and not having to pay for film, many are learning as they go to take more artistic photographs if that is their goal. When we talk about representational paintings, we are referring to interpretation. When an artist has the expertise to paint something so realistic that you think it is a 3D object, we are all impressed with their skill. But what speaks to my heart in art is the artist's interpretation that differs slightly -- or more than slightly -- from a photo. As The Wanderer said, so much can be done with software to alter and enhance photos that there is no question that a photographic work can do exactly what I appreciate about paintings, that is, differ slightly from reality in order to focus on a thought or a mood.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.