ClubAdventist is back!

Altamira study

Gail

I did this a few years ago in watercolour. I kinda like it! There is a movie with Antonio Banderas about the discovery of Altamira which is very good. When I was watching the movie I dug up this picture. At first I thought I had used a photo of Lascaux (?) the French cave but then decided I did use one from Altamira.

Copyright

© Gail Steel

From the album:

Color Your World- Gail

· 14 images
  • 14 images
  • 1 comment
  • 46 image comments

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Let me tell you a secret. When I did this I was part of a watercolour class. After working on it at home I brought it to class where the instructor dissed it because the animal was situated right in the middle of the paper. She didn't tell me the rule of thirds or anything, just said, "This is bad."

It wasn't soon after that I realized that the instructor wasn't very interested in improving things, so I quit the class.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, D. Allan said:

Wow!  Gail this is a Masterpiece. I love it.

dAb

dAb, please also share your paintings! I never tire of the efforts of my friends, even if they fall into the cat agony of, "Never quite made it."

Gail, my daughter on a visit selected most of my painting and sent them via UPS to her home 1000 miles north of your humble servant here in FL.  However here for your appraisal are five from my computer files.

100_0062.JPG

100_0065.JPG

100_0094.JPG

100_0112.JPG

Portrait of Joan holding Laurie Jane Buhler.JPG

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.