Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/02/2017 in Posts

  1. Gregory Matthews

    What is it about the cross?

    Actually, for many Christians, the cross is not significant. Rather, it is the crucifix that is of major importance.
    1 point
  2. debbym

    GC Files a Lawsuit

    This business is supporting the organization. This business is publicizing the church emblems that are communicating by symbols and widening that circle of communication in nothing but positive communications. The laborer is worthy of his hire. This must be very disturbing to the business owners, they need prayer. Nothing good could come from destroying this business. They have serving the organizations needs for a long time.
    1 point
  3. aka

    Quotes

    1 point
  4. Gregory Matthews

    Canadian Geese

    Aubrey, I did not intend to imply that your statement was an exact quote from Birds & Blooms. My intent was to state that B&B article called the bird a "Canada Goose." rather than a Canadian Goose, as I cited it. As to your correcting me: I learned something from you. I do appreciate learning, to include correcting me.
    1 point
  5. Outta Here

    Canadian Geese

    You're kidding?! Exactly as it was in the article? That's hilarious! I must have read an awful lot of more of Birds and Blooms than I thought I had. (We've been subscribers for 10 years thanks to a gift donation my grandmother gives us.) The only reason I knew the difference in the name is that I have been scolded corrected many times by my grandmother and my father on the fact that "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CANADIAN GOOSE! IT'S A CANADA GOOSE!" (It's my personal opinion that it doesn't really matter what they're called. We all know what bird we're talking about. The one that lays an egg that can fit in the palm of your hand. The one that leaves green poop all over the sidewalk. The one that'll bite your ankles if you get too near its nest.)
    1 point
  6. phkrause

    GC Files a Lawsuit

    I'm with the Lillards in this!! I can understand when the church takes people to court over name infringements, but this, this is as Wanderer says "The church is acting ridiculous in this matter.!" And also as has been mentioned by CoAspen, "why now!!" Which was my first thought!!
    1 point
  7. CoAspen

    GC Files a Lawsuit

    The interesting part is that the 'trademarks' were allowed to be used for a long period of time without a 'cease and desist' order. So the the question is, why now? Are the profits such that it makes more sense to go after them now? The offer of licensing, what was that cost going to be?
    1 point
  8. debbym

    GC Files a Lawsuit

    i am appalled that the church is asking money from them to give permission to sell at a profit. if they just pay for the license they can sell them.... i may be mistaken but it does look like the church wants a cut from the sell of items with the church logos and Pathfinders name and logo. they did this for a long time and of a sudden they are being forbidden. hmmm...
    1 point
  9. Gregory Matthews

    GC Files a Lawsuit

    As I stated the GC has much funding that does not come from tithe. I have not made a statement as to the source of the money used because I do not know. You made a direct statement as to the source. You should either document it, or tell us that your statement was based upon pure speculation and without any foundation in fact. As I do not know and have not made a direct statement as to the source of the money, it is not up to me to identify a source. Any such would on my part be pure speculation, and without documentation, just as was your statement.
    1 point
  10. phkrause

    Quotes

    “Leave the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God. ” - Luke 9:60 (Revised Standard Version)
    1 point
  11. Gregory Matthews

    In A Coma & Aware

    I am proud of both Jeffrey and of his mother. They have both come a very long ways. There are parts of their stories that are hard to believe. But, they are truth. I will give you just a glimmer of a background that I have not posted about. It should be noted that my sister is quite open about her life. Jeff's Father and Mother married at 19 & 20 years of age. Probably neither were prepared for marriage and the two sons that became a part of their life. In addition to everything else, finances were very short. Then a relative died and Jeff's Father received a small inheritance. They invested it in his education and he became an executive of a large bank. It should be noted that Jeff's brother is an executive of a bank here in California, as was his Father. In the process alcohol became a part of the picture, the marriage ended and Jeff had his traumatic brain injury. Both Jeff's Mother and Father united in giving Jeff the care that he needed for some 20 years! During this time, there were times when Jeff had to experience some very tough love. That is what it sometimes takes and it was successful. Jeff has written a book which contains the experiences of a number of people, many, but not all, are about his life, which has been published by Amazon. and I have previously mentioned it in this forum. https://www.amazon.com/Walls-Could-Write-Other-Stories-ebook/dp/B00HX9JJR6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1487594496&sr=8-9&keywords=Jeffrey+Johnston He is now preparing another book which is the story of his life and is expected to contain much more than did the first. It is expected to be quite open.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...