Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/21/2023 in Posts

  1. Dr. Shane

    Michael the Archangel

    Interesting thought. I definitely believe it was Christ in the burning bush speaking to Moses. But am not so inclined to believe that it was Him speaking to Joseph. I suspect the term "angel of the Lord" has more than one application. However, I would not want to dismiss the possibility of that it could have been Christ speaking to Joseph. I don't think we completely understand the inter-workings of the Holy Trinity. Good discussion.
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    Michael the Archangel

    I do not have any problem with those who say that SDAs are wrong in saying that Michael the archangel is Christ, as long as they acknowledge that such a SDA statement is not saying that Christ was a created being.
    1 point
  3. Kevin H

    Michael the Archangel

    Tobit is not a Biblical book. Mrs. White's writings are not Biblical books. They at best can be used for an application to make a point, but as Mrs. White says, her writings are not to be used for exegesis (in phrases such as "My writings are not to be used to answer questions such as 'what is the meaning of the daily'" refusing to answer questions addressed to her for matters of exegesis, or answering those questions with it being their job to study the Bible to learn the answers, it is not her job to answer those types of questions. I have not read Tobit to see how Tobit applies Raphael. It may or may not be a valid message, just in Mrs. White's quotes she is applying the term "archangel" as a way to emphasize correctly that Lucifer was the highest of all the [created] angels. That is the context of her quotes. We need to remember that we need to interpret what she says from her context, and even though she sometimes is surprising when compared to studying the exegesis; that she still does not want us using her for exegesis, but for application only. Thus, when you go to the Bible alone, there is only ONE exegetical, Biblical, archangel, and that is Michael.
    1 point
  4. Kevin H

    Michael the Archangel

    According to traditions there were archangels; but according to the Bible, there was only ONE Archangel.
    1 point
  5. Gregory Matthews

    Question on music

    Ms Marie: What you have stated is not standard practice in the SDA denomination. A question for you: Has that congregation also asked you to show your Income tax returns to prove that you pay a faithful tithe? I ask because I suspect the congregation that you reference is an "outlier" and is not practicing standard SDA policy. If you are living in an area that has a number of other SDA congregations, I will suggest that you may want to consider joining another SDA Congregation. If you are living in the Metro-Sacramento area, I will suggest that you consider joining the Gracepoint congregation in Rocklin.
    1 point
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...