Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/16/2023 in Posts

  1. Dr. Shane

    Little Light Studios

    I have appreciated the work Little Light Studios does for many years. I have not seen everything they produce, but I believe I have been blessed by the majority of what I have seen. I was a follower of them on a social media outlet. Earlier this year they came out with, what I believe is a very misleading video about The Chosen. I wrote a post here evaluating the video piece by piece. For a while, their anti-Chosen video was popular on social media and I would post a link to my commentary here (Club Adventist) in the comments area of the link to their video whenever I saw it posted. It turns out, I have been removed from the followers of their social media page. That is a first for me I think. One of their administrators must have went into their list of followers, did a search for my name, and then removed me from their followers. I guess I got someone's attention. I take no issue with doctrinal disagreement. We are all different. We have different histories, families and many of us are even from different cultures. We simply are not going to see everything the same way. What most concerns me isn't doctrinal differences but rigidness. When I see a lack of humility which results in rigidness, that is what concerns me far more than doctrinal differences. Most of the videos I have seen produced by Little Light Studios are a total blessing. I think it just goes to show that none of us are not without errors. I do a lot of ministry work but, there are probably things I have done in ministry that were in error. It hurts, but when someone points out those errors to me, I hope with a little time I can be grateful to them for it.
    1 point
  2. Gregory Matthews

    Michael Czechowski

    Michael Czechowski is an often little known, but important figure in SDA history. For a brief telling of his story, see: https://adventistreview.org/magazine-article/michael-czechowski/
    1 point
  3. Gregory Matthews

    SDA Women in Ministry Conference

    Women in Ministry Conference: The following article reposts on a recent conference on SDA woman in ministry. https://atoday.org/report-of-the-women-in-adventist-history-conference/ And for a 2-hour video of the Conference see: https://spectrummagazine.org/views/2023/dr-ella-simmons-hidden-figures
    1 point
  4. Rahab

    3 word devotional

    (N). Isaiah 41:18 I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
    1 point
  5. Gregory Matthews

    119 Page Agenda

    119 Pages: Annual Council has been in session October 5-11. Some 495 people were eligible to attend and vote. Some 258 actually attended while others participated over the Internet. The agenda for the session consisted of 119 pages. I wonder how many of those who participated actually read that agenda and spent any time thinking about it. If you would like to review the agenda, see the following website: https://executivecommittee.adventist.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/23AC-Agenda.pdf
    1 point
  6. Gregory Matthews

    Women In SDA History

    Women in SDA history: October 12-14 the NAD will held a conference on the role that women have had in SDA history. For more information, see: https://atoday.org/nad-holds-first-annual-conference-on-women-in-adventist-history/
    1 point
  7. Gregory Matthews

    Marriage

    Yes, the following is satire, and I find in funny: https://atoday.org/adventist-suffers-neck-pain-from-unequal-yoking-to-smarter-wife/
    1 point
  8. phkrause

    Suzanne Somers

    Suzanne Somers, ‘Three’s Company’ and ‘Step by Step’ star, dead at 76 Suzanne Somers, who became a household name after starring on the hugely popular TV sitcom “Three’s Company,” died Sunday morning at her Palm Springs home, according to the New York Times. She was 76. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/2023/10/15/suzanne-somers-threes-company-and-step-by-step-star-dead-at-76/?
    0 points
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...