The Wanderer

They Get Me By

133 posts in this topic

Yes, I read "the little red books." I underline my favorite passages, or sometimes write them in paraphrase in a note book. I got the idea from a friend who does something similar. He has a "gratitude journal" with 50,000 entries in it, from just over 5 years. So I write "blessings & comforts" in my journal as I read them I will use this topic to post from time to time a passage or two to share with others. They get me by.

"If you feel that you have greater cares and trials than have fallen to the lot of others, remember, that for you, there is a peace unknown to all those who shun these burdens."

Please feel free to add your own "blessings and comforts" :)

IMG_3739a.thumb.jpg.cb2ac1ad869fe0882e23

Edited by The Wanderer
grammar,spelling
debbym, Naomi and Stan like this

Such a beautiful picture and thought to began my day.  Thank you for the tip about underlining and paraphrase in a journal.  Have a beautiful day

The Wanderer and Stan like this

thank you!  And just as an FYI, all pictures I post on this forum are ones I personally take with my camera. :)

Liz and Naomi like this

What is a "little red book"?

"Little red books" are a nickname for EGW's bookss.  Several years ago, they came with red leather covers.

Liz and The Wanderer like this

What is a "little red book"?

It is books by Ellen G White, lol except I do not actually have too many of the little red books any more. I have them all on a computer disk. :)

Liz likes this

"Let your thoughts be directed to the evidences of God's love for you"

IMG_3587.thumb.gif.25b0152031e609cc8fa31 

debbym and Naomi like this

"all experiences and circumstances are God's workmen whereby good is brought to us."

IMG_3718a.thumb.jpg.546eec9338ad2a6ac0b2 

debbym, Liz and Naomi like this

IMG_3742.thumb.JPG.9b201e47d7f00c3da97e8

Yet even amid the suffering that results from sin, God’s love is revealed. It is written that God cursed the ground for man’s sake (Genesis 3:17). The thorn and the thistle—the difficulties and trials that make life one of toil and care—were appointed for our good as a part of the training needful in God’s plan for our uplifting from the ruin and degradation that sin has wrought. {BLJ 239.5}

The world, though fallen, is not all sorrow and misery. In nature itself are messages of hope and comfort. There are flowers upon the thistles, and the thorns are covered with roses. {BLJ 239.6}

“God is love” is written upon every opening bud, upon every spire of springing grass. The lovely birds making the air vocal with their happy songs, the delicately tinted flowers in their perfection perfuming the air, the lofty trees of the forest with their rich foliage of living green—all testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God and to His desire to make His children happy.—Steps to Christ, pp. 9, 10. {BLJ 239.7}

Gail, Naomi, debbym and 1 other like this

IMG_4567a.thumb.jpg.de48bfe3ac44d869e7bc

Those who are partakers of the divine nature, cooperate in all things with the captain of their salvation. Jesus gave Himself, He laid aside His glory, for our sake He became poor, that we through His poverty might be made rich; and those who have His spirit take part in His humiliation, in His self-denial, in His self-sacrifice; they make manifest His meekness and lowliness of heart, and give themselves to the work He came to accomplish for perishing man. A mere profession of doctrine, however sound and scriptural, will never avail in the work of restoring man to happiness and to God. The evil in man's heart must be eradicated; for it is of the satanic character which brought rebellion into heaven. Unless this change is wrought in the heart, man fails to bear the Lord's proving, and against his name is written, "Unfaithful servant."  {1MR 202.1}

Naomi, debbym and Liz like this

IMG_4567a.thumb.jpg.de48bfe3ac44d869e7bc

Those who are partakers of the divine nature, cooperate in all things with the captain of their salvation. Jesus gave Himself, He laid aside His glory, for our sake He became poor, that we through His poverty might be made rich; and those who have His spirit take part in His humiliation, in His self-denial, in His self-sacrifice; they make manifest His meekness and lowliness of heart, and give themselves to the work He came to accomplish for perishing man. A mere profession of doctrine, however sound and scriptural, will never avail in the work of restoring man to happiness and to God. The evil in man's heart must be eradicated; for it is of the satanic character which brought rebellion into heaven. Unless this change is wrought in the heart, man fails to bear the Lord's proving, and against his name is written, "Unfaithful servant."  {1MR 202.1} 

God is Love!  Jesus saves!  :D

::like::

The Wanderer, debbym, Liz and 1 other like this

midnight.thumb.gif.aa43f155a92b5db27969a

God desires every person to understand their duty and obey the call, working in the way of the Lord, not after their own devising. God always rewards the confidence of His people. The way to the throne of mercy is always open. God sees the wants of His people as clearly in the darkness of midnight which surrounds them as in the splendor of noonday. To look to God for help at all times, this is our safety.  {TDG 199.2}

Gail and Naomi like this

IMG_7733a.thumb.jpg.6012c868cb112753d35d

Everything in nature seemed changed. During the meeting, clouds and rain had prevailed a greater part of the time, and my feelings had been in harmony with the weather. Now the sun shone bright and clear, and flooded the earth with light and warmth. The trees and grass were a fresher green, the sky a deeper blue. The earth seemed to smile under the peace of God. So the rays of the Sun of Righteousness had penetrated the clouds and darkness of my mind, and dispelled its gloom. {CET 19.3}  

It seemed to me that everyone must be at peace with God, and animated by His Spirit. Everything that my eyes rested upon seemed to have undergone a change. The trees were more beautiful, and the birds sang more sweetly than ever before; they seemed to be praising the Creator in their songs. I did not care to talk, for fear this happiness might pass away, and I should lose the precious evidence of Jesus' love for me. {CET 20.1}

debbym, Naomi and Liz like this

I agree, I love these little devotionals. :)

The Wanderer and Naomi like this

Thank-you wanderer, the images are so uplifting, and with wonderful inspiring words.

The Wanderer likes this

Thank you all. The title of this thread explains why I started the topic; they literally do keep me going, and I thought this would be a good way to share my experience with others. :)

Naomi, Gail and Liz like this

IMG_6809.thumb.jpg.e14665058634390520697

He who had made all things studied the lessons which His own hand had written in earth and sea and sky. Apart from the unholy ways of the world, He gathered stores of scientific knowledge from nature. He studied the life of plants and animals, and the life of man. From His earliest years He was possessed of one purpose; He lived to bless others. For this He found resources in nature; new ideas of ways and means flashed into His mind as He studied plant life and animal life. Continually He was seeking to draw from things seen illustrations by which to present the living oracles of God. The parables by which, during His ministry, He loved to teach His lessons of truth show how open His spirit was to the influences of nature, and how He had gathered the spiritual teaching from the surroundings of His daily life. {DA 70.2}

This is a Muskrat, for those who may not know. :)

Edited by The Wanderer
phkrause, Liz and Naomi like this

IMG_1152.thumb.JPG.3e9992d2490de8830ad35

"Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search My sheep, and seek them out. . . . So will I seek out My sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. . . . I will feed My flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God. I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick.

And I will make with them a covenant of peace. And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them. And ye My flock, the flock of My pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God." {7T 230.2}

Naomi and Liz like this

Your photography and accompanying messages are such a blessing. The Sabbath is rapidly approaching and I found your waiting to inspire an encourage me. Thank you Happy Sabbath

phkrause and The Wanderer like this

Your photography and accompanying messages are such a blessing. The Sabbath is rapidly approaching and I found your waiting to inspire an encourage me. Thank you Happy Sabbath

Can you imagine of all posts were like this?

phkrause, Naomi, Gail and 1 other like this

It would make coming here a place to lift our spirits, soothe our souls and quite our minds; I certainly need a place like this.  We live in a negative world coming apart at the seams and to find a bit of beauty, and tranquility would be/is such a blessing

Liz, Gail, phkrause and 1 other like this

IMG_1353a.thumb.jpg.253dc3f997c8134148a2

As the flowers gather for themselves the hidden properties of earth and air, and develop into things of beauty to delight our senses, so Christians are privileged to gather from the garden of God's promises, faith and hope, peace, joy, and support. They are to give out again to others a life fragrant with good works.

{BEcho, April 1, 1889 par. 6}  

Naomi likes this

It would make coming here a place to lift our spirits, soothe our souls and quite our minds; I certainly need a place like this.  We live in a negative world coming apart at the seams and to find a bit of beauty, and tranquility would be/is such a blessing

Thank you for the blessing! I am glad that I can contribute this little bit of God's peace through such simple means. :)

Naomi likes this

I'll try to be good, but I am only little. lol  :)  (thank you Stan!)

Naomi and Stan like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.