Gail

Matching Game

32 posts in this topic

New Testament: Mark 12:1-9

Isaiah 5:1-7

Parable of the Vintner. In both passages the question arises, "What more can the Lord of the vineyard do?"

The Wanderer likes this

Deuteronomy 32:35New International Version (NIV)

35 It is mine to avenge; I will repay.
    In due time their foot will slip;
their day of disaster is near
    and their doom rushes upon them.”

Romans 12:19New International Version (NIV)

19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] says the Lord.

Gail and The Wanderer like this

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven- Matthew 5:3, KJV

Luke 6:20 simply states, Blessed are the poor. Matthew clarified the sentence by reaching back to Isaiah 66:2b, which says:

"But to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and tremble that my word."

debbym and The Wanderer like this

9 minutes ago, Gail said:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven- Matthew 5:3, KJV

Luke 6:20 simply states, Blessed are the poor. Matthew clarified the sentence by reaching back to Isaiah 66:2b, 

which says: "But to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and tremble that my word."

i just so deeply appreciate these words tonight.

The Wanderer likes this

Psalm 103:15,16,17

15 The life of mortals is like grass,
    they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
    and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
    the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
    and his righteousness with their children’s children—

1 Peter 1:24-25 NIV

For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.

The Wanderer and Gail like this

Mat 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And here it is in the "Law And The Prophets," (OT)

Lev 19:18  Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Gail likes this

The parable of the two builders (Matthew and Luke) is like the covenant Israel made with Egypt as the Assyrians threatened to overtake them found in Isaiah 28:14-18. Israel had made lies her refuge; when the overflowing scourge passed through (Isa.28: 15,18) they were trodden down by it.

In Isaiah 28:16 the prophet talks about a precious cornerstone, the sure foundation laid in Zion.

LifeHiscost likes this