Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
james423

Redemption (Lesson 13)

Heaven   3 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the first thing you do when you get to heaven?

• See who's there of those people you have known
    • Thank Jesus for taking you there
    • Inspect your new home
    • Something else - what could that be?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Overall Question:  What will take place at the end of time to end the Great Controversy once and for all?

Memory Text: Revelation 21:4 New Century Version He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, sadness, crying, or pain, because all the old ways are gone.”

Sunday – Binding Satan

Revelation 20:1-3 Common English Bible Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the abyss and a huge chain. 2 He seized the dragon, the old snake, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the abyss, then locked and sealed it over him. This was to keep him from continuing to deceive the nations until the thousand years were over. After this he must be released for a little while.

Revelation 20:1 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY This is a symbolic vision… John is describing the prophetic picture that unfolded before his wondering eyes. In vision he saw an actual pit, but the shutting up of the dragon in the pit was merely a symbolic way of showing that Satan’s activities would be brought to a halt….How Satan’s activities will be brought to a halt is clear from the context and from other scriptures, which show that the earth will be utterly depopulated at the second coming of Christ. According to ch. 19:19–21 the wicked are all destroyed in connection with the coming. At the same time the righteous are “caught up … in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air”

Monday – The “Why” Questions

Revelation 20:4 English Standard Version Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

1 Corinthians 4:5 New Revised Standard Version Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive commendation from God.

Tuesday – Final Judgment

Revelation 20:7-15 New International Reader’s Bible 7 When the 1,000 years are over, Satan will be set free from his prison. 8 He will go out to cause the nations to believe lies. He will gather them from the four corners of the earth. He will bring Gog and Magog together for battle. Their troops are as many as the grains of sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the whole earth. They surrounded the place where God’s holy people were camped. It was the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and burned them up. 10 The devil had caused them to believe lies. He was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur. That is where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will all suffer day and night for ever and ever. 11 I saw a great white throne. And I saw God sitting on it. When the earth and sky saw his face, they ran away. There was no place for them. 12 I saw the dead, great and small, standing in front of the throne. Books were opened. Then another book was opened. It was the book of life. The dead were judged by what they had done. The things they had done were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it. And Death and Hell gave up their dead. Each person was judged by what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:10 as explained for Revelation 14:11 SDA BIBLE COMMENTARY The following is a possible explanation of the use of the compound expression here. The subject matter is the torment of the worshipers of the beast in an inferno of fire and brimstone. The age of a man in such an environment would be very brief, so that if the expression eis ton aiōna, “unto the age,” had been used, it would be possible to conclude that the punishment would be but momentary. The compound expression shows that the torment would be for a certain period, not unending of course, as is evident from other scriptures that show that the final fate of the wicked will be annihilation.

Wednesday – A New Heaven and a New Earth

Revelation 21:1-2 Holman Christian Standard Bible 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea no longer existed. 2 I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:9-10 Holman Christian Standard Bible 9 Then one of the seven angels, who had held the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues, came and spoke with me: “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 He then carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Revelation 22:1-3 New English Translation Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life—water as clear as crystal—pouring out from the throne of God and of the Lamb, 2 flowing down the middle of the city’s main street. On each side of the river is the tree of life producing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month of the year. Its leaves are for the healing of the nations. 3 And there will no longer be any curse, and the throne of God and the Lamb will be in the city. His servants will worship him.

Thursday – No More Tears

Revelation 21:3-5 New International Version 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

dgrimm60 likes this

Thanking Jesus will definitely be first, but than I'll be looking to see who else is there, that I know, besides my immediate family, because we will be already together.