The Wanderer

Tender Regard For The Elderly??

35 posts in this topic
14 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

Being unfortunate in having to see my spouse succumb to lewy-dementia, I can say no one, be they individuals or corporate church body will ever have to take care of my long time lover until such time as my own faculties are insufficient to meet her needs, which at this point both of us continue to find fulfilling, praise be to God that Jesus still speaks to both of us, after 39 years of being together, at least partially a result of asking Him for the grace necessary. The URL below answers many if not all of our questions for the future.

Every individual has to answer for the choices they make in a world often times appearing to have lost all semblance of sanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl6fU9p8Ptc

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :D

For those who may not know what "Lewys" Dementia is, here is an informative link to read up on: http://www.alz.org/dementia/dementia-with-lewy-bodies-symptoms.asp 

Thank you for sharing your story here. It sounds like God is working wonders in your situation but I know too that it is not always easy for you. 39 years is a long time. Your commitment is an inspiration for sure, and the song you linked to does answer the questions. :)

LifeHiscost likes this

I could use the tender regard.  Thank you.  ☺️

The Wanderer likes this

On 11/12/2016 at 5:31 PM, Gerry Cabalo said:

I could use the tender regard.  Thank you.  ☺️

I wonder; is there an "official" age at which we should call someone "elderly?"  Just a question that popped into my mind. :)

In medical terms 60-69 are the "young old", 70-79 are the middle old", 80+ are the "old old".

Stan and The Wanderer like this

16 hours ago, Gerry Cabalo said:

In medical terms 60-69 are the "young old", 70-79 are the middle old", 80+ are the "old old".

And would the ancient old be above that. LoL

BTW here is the promise given for those grasping for the promises of the Word.

25Then he cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a tree; and he threw it into the waters, and the waters became sweet. There He made for them a statute and regulation, and there He tested them. 26And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer."....Exodus 15

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D   :prayer::offtobed:

2 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

And would the ancient old be above that. LoL

BTW here is the promise given for those grasping for the promises of the Word.

25Then he cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a tree; and he threw it into the waters, and the waters became sweet. There He made for them a statute and regulation, and there He tested them. 26And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer."....Exodus 15

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D   :prayer::offtobed:

I won't be struck with the disease called death?

3 hours ago, Gerry Cabalo said:

I won't be struck with the disease called death?

25Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies. 26And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” ...John 11

9Jesus replied, “There are twelve hours of daylight every day. During the day people can walk safely. They can see because they have the light of this world. 10But at night there is danger of stumbling because they have no light.” 11Then he said, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but now I will go and wake him up.”

12The disciples said, “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will soon get better!” 13They thought Jesus meant Lazarus was simply sleeping, but Jesus meant Lazarus had died.

14So he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead. 15And for your sakes, I’m glad I wasn’t there, for now you will really believe. Come, let’s go see him.”

16Thomas, nicknamed the Twin,c said to his fellow disciples, “Let’s go, too—and die with Jesus.”

17When Jesus arrived at Bethany, he was told that Lazarus had already been in his grave for four days. 18Bethany was only a few milesd down the road from Jerusalem, 19and many of the people had come to console Martha and Mary in their loss. 20When Martha got word that Jesus was coming, she went to meet him. But Mary stayed in the house. 21Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask.”

23Jesus told her, “Your brother will rise again.”

24“Yes,” Martha said, “he will rise when everyone else rises, at the last day.”

25Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life.e Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. 26Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”

27“Yes, Lord,” she told him. “I have always believed you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one who has come into the world from God.” 28Then she returned to Mary. She called Mary aside from the mourners and told her, “The Teacher is here and wants to see you.” 29So Mary immediately went to him.

30Jesus had stayed outside the village, at the place where Martha met him. 31When the people who were at the house consoling Mary saw her leave so hastily, they assumed she was going to Lazarus’s grave to weep. So they followed her there. 32When Mary arrived and saw Jesus, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if only you had been here, my brother would not have died.”

33When Jesus saw her weeping and saw the other people wailing with her, a deep anger welled up within him,f and he was deeply troubled. 34“Where have you put him?” he asked them.

They told him, “Lord, come and see.” 35Then Jesus wept. 36The people who were standing nearby said, “See how much he loved him!” 37But some said, “This man healed a blind man. Couldn’t he have kept Lazarus from dying?”

38Jesus was still angry as he arrived at the tomb, a cave with a stone rolled across its entrance. 39“Roll the stone aside,” Jesus told them.

But Martha, the dead man’s sister, protested, “Lord, he has been dead for four days. The smell will be terrible.”

40Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?” 41So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, thank you for hearing me. 42You always hear me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe you sent me.” 43Then Jesus shouted, “Lazarus, come out!” 44And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”

The Plot to Kill Jesus

45Many of the people who were with Mary believed in Jesus when they saw this happen. 46But some went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. 47Then the leading priests and Pharisees called the high councilg together. “What are we going to do?” they asked each other. “This man certainly performs many miraculous signs. 48If we allow him to go on like this, soon everyone will believe in him. Then the Roman army will come and destroy both our Templeh and our nation.”.....John 11

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

My dad is 99 and lived in his own home till this till this last Wednesday morning, he broke his hip.  He has had successful partial hip replacement surgery and is not out of the shadows yet.  If he is stable on Monday he will be transferred to a rehab unit to begin physical therapy and hopefully return home.  This is possible, he surprises us every day.  We are just going day by day.  He is getting lots of care and attention and still fiercely maintaining his independence.  He has us seven kids, and the hospital said for everyone to stop calling it took too much of his nurses time.  Now we just all call one sibling, she is in town where he is,  and she visits him and talks to the Dr.s, and nurses and has a big job.  It is not easy when people come or when people go.  There is a lot of pain in the fabric of  family and a lot of joy.

Gail and The Wanderer like this

1 hour ago, debbym said:

My dad is 99 and lived in his own home till this till this last Wednesday morning, he broke his hip.  He has had successful partial hip replacement surgery and is not out of the shadows yet.  If he is stable on Monday he will be transferred to a rehab unit to begin physical therapy and hopefully return home.  This is possible, he surprises us every day.  We are just going day by day.  He is getting lots of care and attention and still fiercely maintaining his independence.  He has us seven kids, and the hospital said for everyone to stop calling it took too much of his nurses time.  Now we just all call one sibling, she is in town where he is,  and she visits him and talks to the Dr.s, and nurses and has a big job.  It is not easy when people come or when people go.  There is a lot of pain in the fabric of  family and a lot of joy.

prayers and best wishes for your Dad!  His "I'm gonna do this!" attitude is the kind I see in post hip fx patients who *do* get out of the hospital and back into their own homes.. 

The Wanderer, debbym and phkrause like this

8 hours ago, debbym said:

Your Dad sounds so much like my late Grandmother when she was close to that age. If he kerps up with that kind of positive attitude he will keep surprising everyone!  Wishing you all the best and prayers sent your way. Sounds like he is in good hands!

debbym and LifeHiscost like this