ClubAdventist is back!

Have questions about how this forum works, ask members here.

Stan

I am not able to Copy and Paste. Kinda frustrating. Must be doing something wrong. Or is it just my IE browser?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I don't think so Woody. I get the same thing every once in a while and I use Firefox.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Anyone else have any ideas on how I might find the ability to copy and paste?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

This is a test: "Thousands of Californians have been forced to flee wildfires burning across the state, including one near Yosemite National Park that has destroyed at least 21 structures, authorities said."

Yup. No problem pasting.

LD

• Members

I just posted a screenshot, but am again getting the error message.  Hadn't that been fixed?

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
[#10171]

You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Need Help?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Also, I cannot edit the preferences for members' status updates.  I would prefer not getting emails for that...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Copy & Paste:  I cannot do it in my Internet Explorer brouser.  I can do it in Firefox, as just happened today in the Origins forum.

Gregory

Copy & Paste:  I cannot do it in my Internet Explorer brouser.  I can do it in Firefox, as just happened today in the Origins forum.

It is also possible with Chrome....

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

:D  Hello, 

May I make a few observations, that are indeed no bashing criticism, but just wishful thinking on my part?

1. Is it possible to adjust the chat room messages written for a whole day to stay available for viewing?

2. Would a certain someone clear off the old batch of smiley-icons, please? Then start afresh with up-to-date smilies which I can provide. I don't see a 'insert picture' button in the above list so I could send them through this topic thread. I could send all good smilies via email if one is interested in the task.

3. Is there a way of logging in without one's name appearing in the list of those 'logged in' ?

4. My heartfelt thanks that the shout-box has been dismissed. My grateful praise that the overall appearance of this software looks clean and attractive.

....a small post-script...

my picture attachment didn't take. Not to be seen here anywhere attached to above posting.

My profile icon is working alright. It's a brush arbor feast of tabernacle hut to celebrate in.

If you have questions, chance are good others do as well.

Ask the questions here please.

So far, exercising patience, firefox, and prayer has made everything show up and work as I've located the pathway. It' kindof fun learning the new complexities, but then I haven't had any emergencies to try my patience. That's partly because I'm retired and God has worked through a number of people to make my exploits easy(er) than others may have experienced.

Somebody once told me to be calm as it will all come out in the wash. Keep looking up and have a :happysabbath:!

:smiley:    God is Love! Jesus saves!  :smiley:   

• Like 1

Lift Jesus up!!

Excellent post LHC. I can relate. I'm in the same boat.

Sincerely miss the Shout Box. But other things here make up for it.

• Like 1

I believe in Hematology.

:thinking: curious to check if copy/paste works alright here in my Maxthon browser.......

Test:  Woody asked:  Anyone else have any ideas on how I might find the ability to copy and paste?

It worked alright, with the manual highlighting/copying/pasting manouever, Woody, as you can see the copied sentence above. 

Are you thinking of some other type of copy-paste trick you've used?

I found the answer to the query I made up above :

"3. Is there a way of logging in without one's name appearing in the list of those 'logged in' ?"

When logging in there are two options to check-box. 

1. Remember Me

2. Sign in Anonymously

I check always #1 so not to get logged out by the system prematurely (which does happen without my permission)

I check now '´#2 if I wish not to visably appear in the 'who's online now' list.

• Like 1

:hiya: I just noticed how easier it is to jump to the index list of the section in which I just finished reading a thread.

....by just one click.

I look up at the top of the thread page to the path taken... 

World Wide Adventist Forum

then one needs just to click on the T-Support bit.    

• Administrators

It is always nice when the problems solve themselves!

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DennisKean

It is always nice when the problems solve themselves!

Gail,

Is there a way to un-register from this forum or is that not built in???

Dennis Kean

• Administrators

Dennis, I don't think you can de-register but if you'd like I can delete your membership

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Never understood the reason to "de-register" but would be curious to learn of it's benefits.

• Like 1

I believe in Hematology.

I rather like that expression "de-register". It's so modern and trendy.

The benefits of such a decision could be:

1. The wipe-out of all traces that the persona was ever present in the Forum.

2. Covering over those tracking tracks of NASA in the hope one is one step ahead of them.

3. Getting a lock-down on a possible temptation of writing more messages that might get one more addicted to getting more involved.

4. Getting away from the stigma of being associated with a bunch of people one rather not be associated with anymore and hoping google will keep out of one's past postings. (ha! fat-chance)