Stan Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 So if people here did not talk about politics and defending 'them' or exposing 'them' what do you think they would talk about?? :) :) :) Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 What else is left ? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Clio Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 Jesus? Not doctrine, Jesus! Quote A heart where He alone has first place.
Dr. Shane Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 We could always watch network TV... well, maybe the Hope Channel. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators lazarus Posted April 12, 2007 Moderators Posted April 12, 2007 Aw come-on Stan there's a whole stack of stuff! Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Moderators Bravus Posted April 12, 2007 Moderators Posted April 12, 2007 Can't speak for others, but for me politics *is* people: if I debate politics it's because I hope to change minds in directions that help people. Plus I enjoy it! (Though I know some others don't.) I don't think it's so much about catching 'them' out as about pointing out where 'their' policies and actions are harming people. Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 I always thought religion and politics went together. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted April 12, 2007 Posted April 12, 2007 I was taught that when a person lives in a democracy where the people govern through their vote and representatives, it is their responsibility to be informed. Those of us living in democracies are part of the government because the government is of the people. Even in corrupt democracies the people make a difference. Mexico made a huge difference when they voted the PRI out after 71 years of corrupt rule in 2000. Most of us here agree on the goals for society. Some of us disagree about how much the government should be involved in achieving those goals and the means by which those goals should be achieved. Yet we generally agree that we should help the poor, educate our youth, protect the public and that health care should be available to all that need it. The how we get there and who makes it happen is generally what we disagree on. That said, I do not try to change other people's mind. To me, the discussion is like a pot luck of ideas. I bring my ideas to the table. Others can take what they like and leave what they don't. I too, can take what I like of the ideas from others, and leave what I don't. It is simply the healthy exchange of ideas. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.