Jump to content
ClubAdventist

stopping in for tea and crumpets?


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

any-help.gif

I've been trying to figure out just what people mean by a *relationship with Jesus*.. There's so many kinds of relationships. What kind do you mean?? Like a *good marriage*?? or *special friendship* where a person (friend) can stop in any time for talk and tea and crumpets? or *physician/patient*? or what?? People talk about the relationship as somehow being all inclusive, that wherever you are, there He is. But that's not how it appears. And it isn't how Christians act.

confused.gif A person can talk about God *being there* .. but only act as if He is someplace only if He is specifically invited.....like if I forget to ask, then He's going to trot off somewhere else... better crumpets maybe.

**sigh**

I dunno...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

So much for asking the best questions, Stan! Your not the first one to say that about Pam! But what about answers? :)

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

In case Stan or Pam are wondering, I was only teasing in my last post! :)

As to your question, Pam, I would answer that having a "relationship" with Jesus is, no doubt, a popular cliche that has come to mean anything but the genuine article! :)

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

any-help.gif

I've been trying to figure out just what people mean by a *relationship with Jesus*.. There's so many kinds of relationships. What kind do you mean?? Like a *good marriage*?? or *special friendship* where a person (friend) can stop in any time for talk and tea and crumpets? or *physician/patient*? or what?? People talk about the relationship as somehow being all inclusive, that wherever you are, there He is. But that's not how it appears. And it isn't how Christians act.

confused.gif A person can talk about God *being there* .. but only act as if He is someplace only if He is specifically invited.....like if I forget to ask, then He's going to trot off somewhere else... better crumpets maybe.

**sigh**

I dunno...

Hey Pam! Nice to see you around. I've been thinking about your questions ever since you posted this. Trying to explain a relationship is pretty difficult.

I can only tell you how I experience Jesus. And how I came to build that kind of a relationship with Him.

When I first started stumbling back to a reconciliation with Abba, I couldn't fathom a relationship. My return was based on truth I believed, and fear of what would happen if I didn't somehow "get right with God". So I stumbled around for a while, attending SDA churches hoping somehow, someone would tell me the secret so I could get my life back on an even keel.

Oh... from outward appearances at this time I had it made. Million plus dollars in the bank, big ranch, lumberyard, running semi-trucks, well-drilling business... fancy new cars... but I knew the truth.

My marriage was crumbling and nothing I could do would save it. My children were investigating Wicca, drugs, and drifting away from their father and I. Things were getting more and more difficult to hold together, but according to the wisdom of the world, we were doing everything right.

I didn't know how to read my Bible, study, or even pray very well. I couldn't really see the point to prayer because either God knew what I wanted or He didn't, and He was going to give me whatever He was going to give me. Besides that, it didn't feel like my prayers were going much past the top of my head. It felt like they were hitting the brass ceiling and bouncing back at me.

But I was desparate, and therefore stubborn. I prayed even though it felt more and more discouraging, and I felt more and more alone. I read through the book of Psalms, and discovered words of comfort I had no idea were in there. But I still didn't really have a relationship.

A relationship requires time spent with the person you are building a relationship with. You have to get to know them. And they have to get to know you. But they have to get to know you as you reveal yourself to them. We do that when we pray honestly from the heart, without trying to impress anyone, or follow any particular formula. That is when we reveal ourselves to Abba in a way that is relationship building.

He reveals Himself to us, through His written Word. As we begin to understand from that Who He really is, and we take time to listen to Him when we pray, to soak in His presence, accepting His Peace into our very being, and checking what we are hearing from Him against the Word, we begin to know who He is. As we begin to know Him better, it becomes easier and easier to identify falsehood, polluted teachings, and pablum from all the mumblings, noise, and teachings out in the world or within the church.

It takes time and a deep desire to understand any person in order to build a relationship.

I had such a wounded spirit, and was so deeply disturbed over marriage being used as a symbol throughout scripture, I couldn't even relate to Jesus. I was so deeply wounded that though I prayed in His Name, pleading His Mercy, it was to the Father I clung much as a badly wounded child clings to their parent. Abba carried me often and cradled me on His lap and allowed me to cry and cry and cry.

I used to go out on the front porch of the ranch house late at night when all was silent and listen to the scream of the cougar in the hills above the pasture. I would sit with my pistol tucked under my leg and my dog in my lap, and I would cry, and cry, and cry from the very center of my being. Those prayers would last for hours, and they were honest!

I railed at Him. I ranted at Him. I demanded fixes, healing, save the ranch, save my marriage, save me! I collapsed on His shoulder and wet it thoroughly with my tears. And He held me. After a year of this, and reading my way through Psalms, we lost the ranch, along with everything else. EVERYTHING else.

How was this an answer to my prayers? He didn't save anything! Not me, not my marriage (if anything it appeared to be worse), not the ranch... and here we were starting over with nothing. But I had learned more about Abba.

I had learned that He really was always there for me. I wasn't ready for a Bride/Bridegroom relationship with Jesus yet, but Abba was always there and I could see that He was trustworthy for others, but I wasn't sure I was ready to trust Him for me. I had learned that His view of my good, was not necessarily limited to what I could see as my good. He knew what was coming, and how to make sure I was kept safe through it. His view of my good is eternal, while my view of my good is severely limited by the next bend in the road.

But I was so full of fear. Especially fear of not having enough for my family. Loneliness wasn't a big deal, because over the years I'd become so broken and wounded inside it was a relief to be alone, to wallow in aloneness, and just cry it all out to Abba and let Him deal with it all.

We moved to Alaska, on Abba's grace and miracles. He placed us here for a purpose. I'm not sure what yet, but I do what He places in my hands to do on a daily basis.

My husband got sick and has been sick for three plus years now. His systems gradually shut down, and Jesus has used the devastation of the last 5 years to bring me ever closer to Him. To teach me how He can be my husband, literally, in place of Mike when Mike can't be my husband. And as Mike heals emotionally, and reaches out to me for that relationship, Jesus steps back and lets my husband experience that, and fulfill that for me.

Healing has occurred for us over time... much like a physician works with a patient. When I need Healing I know I can ask for it, and receive it, because I have experienced Him as a Physician for all that ails me.

Abba has been a Parent to me... and when I needed to plead with Him as a Parent, I knew I could, because I had experienced Him as my Parent.

Jesus has been my husband, in literal, demonstrateable ways, and when I need to plead with Him in the way of a wife, widow, or maiden, I can do so, because I have experienced His attention to me as I would experience my husband's attention and care for me were he able. Isaiah 58 was a mind-boggling chapter when I understood that chapter was for me... for at the time I was a widow in all the ways that really counted.

Jesus is my Saviour, and I experience Him as such in every single facet of my life. I know Him. I know His responses when I feel His Spirit move within me. But it was not something learned from listening to others. It was something that grew over time, as I spent hours and hours and hours, days, months, literally years getting to know Him in deep intimate ways.

It doesn't start out deep or intimate. It starts out with getting to know Him through reading the Scripture as much as you can stand and praying about it. Keeping Abba in First Place in your life, even when well-meaning elders, teachers, and preachers insist you're doing it wrong is key.

How can they know what your heart needs? They can't, only Jesus and the Father can. And They will lead you, through Their revealed word in Scripture, into all Truth with the Holy Spirit as your Guide.

Jesus loves you, Abba loves you, and They long for a relationship with you. But relationships take time, nurturing, conversations, an "awareness" of the other Person in the relationship. It's not something that can be taught, only experienced.

The reality of Their presence is beyond our comprehension. They are always with us, but a special invite to a special someone is always a good thing even if you think they'll show up anyway, so we invite them into our midst, into our heart and the relationship grows.....

:bighug: Keep asking Pam. I may not have been clear, and if you need me to, I'll try again.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

  • Administrators
Posted

Wow- we are not only getting good questions, but great answers as well. Thanks for both!

The Bible gives hints, Pam, on what it is like. God is described in many ways, covering any aspect on relationship that we could hope to ponder

An idea- If you go to the "Names of God" forum, there are some of the hints. There are others. The Lord is to us our Father (to those whose earthly fathers have failed them) and a Husband (to those who are widows). The relationship takes on many forms

If you meditate on the different names of God, thinking about what each means, and pray for the Holy Spirit to teach you, it will come to you. The answer will come

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Members
Posted

Quote:
If you meditate on the different names of God, thinking about what each means, and pray for the Holy Spirit to teach you, it will come to you. The answer will come

that has a Kabbalistic feel to it

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

Clio ... Could you tell us more about how Abba became your husband. That is a neat concept. Tell us how it worked.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Well, first, there's a difference between Abba and Jesus. Abba Himself never functioned in the role of "husband", but as I grew in understanding, Jesus did.

It started as I began to heal emotionally and begin to even contemplate the concept of marriage as it's laid out in the Bible. I began to investigate what Paul meant by his comments regarding a "submissive wife" and to really pray and walk the 1 Peter 3:1-5 walk trying to establish within myself a gentle and quiet spirit.

That led to a time of totally relying on Jesus to do things my husband would normally do. It ran the gamut from things I was afraid to do to repairs and maintenance on the house and vehicles. Minds were changed, things that needed fixing would be fixed while I watched, all the while my emotions were still wrapped in cotton bandages so I didn't have to deal with my grief and pain in its full intensity.

Slowly the concept dawned on me that while I longed for the intimacy with my husband and a renewed marriage, all the things I had relied on Mike for were being done for me almost as soon as I asked for them, in Jesus Name. Including a feeling of being loved incomparably, totally, and completely. That was an eye-opener.

It changed my relationship with my husband from one of neediness to one of being able to be an open conduit for Abba's love to him. Because I was secure in Jesus love for me, I could accept the idea that He sings over me with delight, that He cares about the intimate details of my life.... I had seen Him attend to them.

Once, when Mike was at his absolute nadir, Jesus pushed my car home two plus miles on flat roads around 4 corners with stop signs and made a perfect 3 point parking job in front of my garage. I know it was Jesus (or maybe an angel on His behalf) because the plate that connected the engine and the transmission was totally destroyed and fell out in pieces. Plus, my foot was never on the gas or the brake... All I did was pray real quick and steer.

I would have dreams where it seemed as though I was held in His arms all night long, sleeping peacefully and fully rested the next morning certain He loved me. I would find references in my devotions about Jesus love and care of widows, orphans and maidens. The Song of Solomon took on a whole new meaning as I realized how intense Jesus' love is for me personally.

As I became healthier emotionally and secure in Him, I was able to see the hurt and pain behind some of the things Mike would say and do. I could see clearly that much of his lashing out was not fair to me, because I could objectively identify that I was not now, and possibly had never been, what he had accused me of.... but I may have been the only one in his life of whom that was true.

As Mike got better, and my own spiritual growth allowed Abba to restore things in my life that had been allowed to be taken from me as a spiritual learning experience, I began to see how I had been nurtured into a relationship with His Son that was truly that of a Bride with her Bridegroom. I was eager for His presence, and He gave it willingly and with as much eagerness as I sought Him out.

He offered the deep intimacy I longed for with my husband, yet at the same time promised I would someday have that same intimacy with my husband that He offered me. (Which is beginning to happen and I see other evidences of Abba and Jesus working in Mike's life...).

Always there would be some example given in my life, and then I would "stumble" (yeah... right... ROFL stumble *snort*)on Scripture that would back up and explain the example I had been walking out with prayer, tears, pleadings for guidance. I began to realize that emotions weren't a curse, they were a gift.

We are created in Their image. That means that They have emotions. And our emotions are not meant to be a curse or a burden as mine had been for so long. Jesus reawakened the emotions of intimate love inside me, and focused them on Him... what an awesome thing! Tenderness, cherishing, a desire to avoid wounding Him so deep I would fall into weeping at the thought of how I have injured Him through sins in the past. A deep, deep need to avoid that at all costs.... much the way I desire to bring happiness to my husband. He renewed my heart and brought healthy emotions that can express themselves in positive ways with the ability to bear all things, be longsuffering, I didn't have to parade the changes in me, or my love for my husband, I didn't seek my own but rather his benefit in all things.... I was able to offer the healthy love of a healthy wife in an unhealthy marriage to an unhealthy man because my Husband was my Bridegroom and Saviour.

Because my Beloved stepped into this role for me when my husband could not, I can and do hope all things, endure all things and believe all things because Jesus said so... and He's never failed me yet.

It is through Him that I have learned how to submit to my husband and what that word means as Paul wrote it. The word translated in our Bibles is actually a military term that refers to the Chain of Command. And when used in non-military usage refers to the voluntary shouldering of a heavy burden.

Thus, just as a Blood Covenant must be given and never taken to be of any value, so does my submission come as a gift, a voluntary shouldering of a heavy burden, just as Jesus submitted to the Father. It can only be given and never taken if it is to have value and merit in the Kingdom of the Father.

I tell you what, Jesus is a great plumber, auto-mechanic, step-builder, travel-agent, mind-changer, protector, and many other things I would have looked to my husband to be for me.

Mike is slowly getting better and Jesus is allowing him to take over some of these things as his strength allows, but my emotions are still in Jesus care, and will always stay there so I can offer what my husband needs in order to understand the possibility of the existence of a true unconditional love, no matter how imperfect my example may be.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Posted

It would seem that the road to a true relationship with Jesus is not an easy one. It was Jesus who said, "Many that seek but few that find it." Yet, He also said, "Seek and you shall find."

The Gospel is said to be just as simple as learning the alphabet but the many discordant voices have caused many to stop looking for the real answers and the result is that many have only a nominal faith.

The secret to a vital relationship with Jesus is revealed to the humble and to those who "fear" God. "To the humble He teaches His way." Psalm 25:9. "The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him and He will show them His covenant." Psalm 25:14.

"Before honor is humility." Prov.15:33.

According to the Scriptures one is become "humble" when he gives credit to whom credit is due. "Give the Lord the glory due His name." "Blessed are you, Lord God of Israel, our Father, forever and ever. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; for all that is in Heaven and the earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head over all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. Now therefore, our God, we thank you and praise Your glorious name." 1 Chron.16:29; 29:10-15.

"All that man is and all that he has pertains to God. The entire world is God's. Man's houses, his personal acquirements, whatever is valuable or brilliant, is God's endowment. It is all His gift to be returned back to Him in helping to cultivate the heart of man. The most splendid offerings may be laid upon the altar of God, and men will praise, and laud the giver because of his liberality. In what? 'All things come of Thee, and, of Thine own have we given Thee.' (1 Chron.29:14)" E.G. White, Faith and Works, p.23.

And what does it mean to "fear" God? I did not know what it truly meant until I read this statement: "Those who fear God are to think for themselves. They are no longer to let other men do their thinking. They are no longer to be chained down to erroneous maxims, theories, and doctrines." E.G. White, This Day With God, p.32.

"If you see a little light, you are not to stand back and say, 'I will wait until my brethren have seen it.' If you do, you will go on in darkness." E.G. White, Faith and Works, p.77,78.

I believe we may have a very close relationship with Jesus, even closer than the angels who have never fallen, if we will take Jesus at His word, even now! "Now is the acceptable time. Now is the day of salvation." 2 Cor.?:2. Now is the time to be so closely united with Jesus that we will be impregnable to the assaults of Satan! See D.A.324.

Jesus settled this matter once and for all when He was teaching His disciples in the upper room and yet the disciples were still slow to understand. They did not understand His teaching until Pentecost.

At creation, Jesus spoke the word only and it was done! He commanded and it stood fast! Psalm 33:9. When He walked among men, it was by His spoken word that He healed disease and cast out demons; by His spoken word He stilled the sea, and raised the dead; and the people bore witness that His word was with power. Now He is speaking to us, calling us to a close relationship with Himself by speaking the word only: "Abide in Me, and I in you." John 15:4. This is the spoken word again! It has lost none of its power. If received in faith, it imparts power, it begets a new life in Christ Jesus and we are one with Him as He is one with the Father. And the life which is thus imparted is in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God shall man live! Matt.4:4.

That is why the Saviour desired to fix the faith of His disciples on His spoken word! When His visible presence should be withdrawn, the word was to be their source of power. Like Him, they were to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Matt.4:4.

We believe that Christ paid the ransom for us that we might have a relationship with Him. Through the merits of His infinite sacrifice Jesus has obtained the right to speak to us wonderful words of life! Peter said to Him, "You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68. "Abide in Me and I in you." "Abide in My love." John 15:4,9. He speaks and it is done! The answer of faith is, Amen, Lord, be it done unto me according to Your word! And the Lord answers, Be it done unto you according to your faith!

Do you see how simple it is to have a relationship with Him? Oh, it may take a whole lifetime to discover how simple the way is but when it is discovered, it is more than worth all the years of searching and waiting. "I will run in the way of Your commandments." "I believe Your commandments." "By them You have given me Life." Psalm 119:32,66,50,93. Even life forevermore! Psalm 133:3.

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

Oh... And something that was shown to me after I had realized Jesus really wanted to be my Bridegroom, was the concept of a Blood Covenant and what it means in the Kingdom of Abba.

Marriage itself is also a Blood Covenant, sealed at the very source of life, where Abba allows us to participate with Him in Creation.

Therefore it makes perfect sense in all ways that Marriage of the Lamb to His Church as His Bride would be the pervading parable throughout the New Testament which is the record of the ratification of the Blood Covenant on Calvary and what that means to all who will enter in to it.

Jesus speaks of a man and wife becoming one flesh and one bone... that is something that happens when a Blood Covenant is ratified. The two bodies are deemed to house a single entity... One flesh, one bone. It alters the lines of inheritance, we no longer inherit Adams sin, but Jesus' Glory! Hallelujah! We are both Adopted as Joint Heirs with Jesus, and made acceptable as part of the Bride. We become infused with the Divine, having our adamic mind replaced with Jesus mind.

The Marriage Feast of the Lamb is a new feast, an 8th feast which will be added to the 7 in the Old Testament that will be kept in Heaven. Read the wording carefully. All 8 of the Feasts mentioned as Feasts of the Lord, with one yet future, will be kept "forever".

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

  • Administrators
Posted

Quote:
If you meditate on the different names of God, thinking about what each means, and pray for the Holy Spirit to teach you, it will come to you. The answer will come

that has a Kabbalistic feel to it

Not at all. The Biblical meaning of meditation is to ponder or think about, using your conscient brain. There are no mantras or emptying of mind for Biblical meditation.

The Psalmist said that he meditates on God's law day and night(Ps.1:2) and that he meditates on God at night (Ps.63:6)and on his work (77:12). That means that he spends some time thinking on these things, and perhaps praying about them.

In return, the Holy Spirit will give you understanding.

And even if it takes a while, He does :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

Right on Gail! One has only to read Psalm 119 to see how much time the man of God meditates upon the word of God. And the Holy Spirit gives him understanding! Verses 97-100 are special! :)

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

Clio, you wrote:

"We become infused with the Divine, having our adamic mind replaced with Jesus mind."

*************************

Excellent!

"We have the mind of Christ." 1 Cor.2:16.

"The parable of the wedding garment presents before us a lesson of the highest consequence. By the marriage is represented the union of humanity with divinity." C.O.L.307.

"Humanity and divinity combined can keep every one of God's precepts." C.O.L.314.

"Humanity flooded with the glory of divinity."

"Humanity enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love."

"The invisible glory in the visible human form."

"Partakers of the divine nature." 2 Peter 1:4.

"It is the privilege of every believer in Christ to possess Christ's nature, a nature far above that which Adam and Eve forfeited by transgression." The Upward Look, p.18.

Isn't this statement mindblowing? :)

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

Quote:
"It is the privilege of every believer in Christ to possess Christ's nature, a nature far above that which Adam and Eve forfeited by transgression." The Upward Look, p.18.

Isn't this statement mindblowing? :)

I suppose it is, I hadn't thought of it quite that way.

You see, I find the concept that Abba would choose the Blood Covenant, a method of adoption deemed more binding than marriage, thus making me His Child in truth and according me the same rights, privileges, and responsibilities as His Only Begotten Son Whom He loved so much that He chose to open the Grave as a sign of the acceptance of the established Covenant.

My nature, once accepted by Abba, could be anything He chose to make it. Instead, He elevated me, and all who enter into the Blood Covenant, to the same status in His eyes as the One Whom He loved beyond all Eternity.

The cost of Adam and Eve was dust, spittle, and breath. The cost of you and I was the lifeblood of Divinity, poured out through Humanity, in a voluntary pouring out of life as sacrifice. It is this which I find truly mindblowing.

I try solely to pass on my personal experience of a personal Saviour, hoping that others might find what I have found with Him.

I rarely give the scriptural reference or quote directly from either SOP or scripture. That's great for study or if someone can't catch the scriptural reference and needs the exact spot to find it.

Too often not having it put into a personal context makes it almost impossible for the one seeking to understand the answer. We have been so inundated with head knowledge separated from an applied heart-knowledge that the phrase "a relationship with Jesus" that should be so vibrant, has become as ashes and dust in the mouths of those seeking Him.

Thank you for the quotes. I'll make a note of them. I may need them someday. Although, they are very limited in content and scope when understanding what the Blood Covenant ratified on Calvary wrought.

I worry about that a lot. I often wonder if what I say will be perceived as too dry and therefore to have lost meaning. If you have been blessed or had an Ah Ha moment then I praise Abba that He has blessed you.

May Abba continue to give you insight and wisdom and pour out His blessings upon you.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Posted

Quote:
"It is the privilege of every believer in Christ to possess Christ's nature, a nature far above that which Adam and Eve forfeited by transgression." The Upward Look, p.18.

Isn't this statement mindblowing? :)

I suppose it is, I hadn't thought of it quite that way.

You see, I find the concept that Abba would choose the Blood Covenant, a method of adoption deemed more binding than marriage, thus making me His Child in truth and according me the same rights, privileges, and responsibilities as His Only Begotten Son Whom He loved so much that He chose to open the Grave as a sign of the acceptance of the established Covenant.

My nature, once accepted by Abba, could be anything He chose to make it. Instead, He elevated me, and all who enter into the Blood Covenant, to the same status in His eyes as the One Whom He loved beyond all Eternity.

The cost of Adam and Eve was dust, spittle, and breath. The cost of you and I was the lifeblood of Divinity, poured out through Humanity, in a voluntary pouring out of life as sacrifice. It is this which I find truly mindblowing.

I try solely to pass on my personal experience of a personal Saviour, hoping that others might find what I have found with Him.

I rarely give the scriptural reference or quote directly from either SOP or scripture. That's great for study or if someone can't catch the scriptural reference and needs the exact spot to find it.

Too often not having it put into a personal context makes it almost impossible for the one seeking to understand the answer. We have been so inundated with head knowledge separated from an applied heart-knowledge that the phrase "a relationship with Jesus" that should be so vibrant, has become as ashes and dust in the mouths of those seeking Him.

Thank you for the quotes. I'll make a note of them. I may need them someday. Although, they are very limited in content and scope when understanding what the Blood Covenant ratified on Calvary wrought.

I worry about that a lot. I often wonder if what I say will be perceived as too dry and therefore to have lost meaning. If you have been blessed or had an Ah Ha moment then I praise Abba that He has blessed you.

May Abba continue to give you insight and wisdom and pour out His blessings upon you.

Clio

Clio, you wrote, "My nature, once accepted by Abba, could be anything He chose to make it. Instead, He elevated me, and all who enter into the Blood Covenant, to the same status in His eyes as the One Whom He loved beyond all Eternity."

I can't help but be inspired with what you write because it is like a beautiful parapharase of Scripture. "He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the beggar from the ash heap, to set them among princes and make them inherit the throne of glory." 1 Samuel 2:8.

These thoughts you have jotted down remind me also of 1 Cor.15:47-49:

"The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from Heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man."

These words perfectly explains the statement I quoted in my previous post: "It is the privilege of every believer in Christ to possess Christ's nature, a nature far above that which Adam and Eve forfeited by transgression."

I have read also that Jesus relinquished the form of God for ever but the glories of the form of God He relinquished for a while. This would mean that the glories of the form of God are now upon His glorified humanity sitting at the right hand of the Majesty on High. Therefore, being joint-heirs with Him, as you have pointed out, the redeemed will with Him partake of that glory in the kingdom of glory. Now we have this glory in the form of grace but when He comes again this great grace will burst into glory, even the glories of the form of God!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They were an inspiration to me! :)

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

If you have been blessed, Sky, then Abba has blessed you. Many times I do paraphrase scripture within the context of my personal experience. However, this time it was not my intent to do so.

If you have been blessed, praise Abba, for He spoke to your heart.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...