Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Flipped at church


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

I Just got home from church today. This church has a secured, wired-fenced, and gated parking lot. I did not attend Sabbath School, and apparently some people do not attend the Worship part.

As I was pulling into a parking space, another car started backing out behind me, and was about to hit me. I honked my horn..... and guess what I got in return....

That's right!! I got flipped off!!! Twice!!!

What a gracious bunch of Christians. Sheesh. I kinda expect stuff like that on highways and other public thoroughfares, but not in an SDA parking lot on a Sabbath.

**snorts**

Fortunately for them, my broom is retired. smiley_signinsertevillaughhere.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

I assume Pam that you are using the word christian loosely. I sincerely doubt that they were "Christians". What I suspect is that they were spies from the opposite camp that came to stir up trouble.

It would be safer to not jump to conclusions about who is Christian and who is not.

Another clue is that they were leaving. Perhaps when they went INTO the church they were Christians ... but while there they became converted into something else. Therefore when you saw them they were clearly not in the Christian camp.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Well, Pam, if it happened to me, I would contact the nearest deacon, for starters. I wouldn't let it go by without saying something about it. I would describe the car, and the people. They should be admonished by someone there. What happened was disgraceful and a reproach upon the church.

Posted

Well, Pam, if it happened to me, I would contact the nearest deacon, for starters. I wouldn't let it go by without saying something about it. I would describe the car, and the people. They should be admonished by someone there. What happened was disgraceful and a reproach upon the church.

I'm sorry ... but you really don't convert or change someone by throwing stones at them. Of course if your mission was to make sure they never returned and did not care about demonstrating Christian love to them ... then I suppose your plan would accomplish what you wanted.

Let's suppose that these people were really NOT christians. Would your hard hand approach "draw" them to Christ. OR ... Perhaps they were discouraged Christians. Would your admonishment help them. Now ... asking them if you could help them in any way and showing them true love and concern ... that might "help".

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

I would want to find out if they were members of the church. If they were not, but visitors, then I wouldnt expect anything to be done. If they were struggling with issues, then I would want to know that, and that would affect my response. If they had just been up front leading out, then you betcha I would want some follow-up done. The alternative (and this is my human nature popping up) would have been for me to get out of my car, go over to these clowns and tell them to get out of the car and settle it like a man.

  • Members
Posted

lol-1.gif

They were two WMB's (White Male Bozo) probably between 18-25 yrs old. I did give them a hand signal back, dredging up my old *V* peace sign from times of yore.

I will know the car and the WMB's if I see them again! smilewink.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

It would be most appropriate to find out who they are and take it from there. Each of us are accountable for our actions (or should be). If it is just a couple defiant teenagers then the parents would benefit by knowing what transpired.

Sorry it happened,

`og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

No Matter WHAT happened by WHOM ... the best approach is one of LOVE. Throwing stones will not help. Those who were trying to throw stones at the woman caught in adultry all of a sudden dropped their stones when Jesus challenged them.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Administrators
Posted

...I did give them a hand signal back, dredging up my old *V* peace sign from times of yore...

:tu You did the right thing! Not much to be gained from the tattle to the deacon or Mommy and Daddy solutions for two 18-25 year old testosterone units...

Long, long ago and far, far away, on another planet so it seems, a wise peacemaker offered an equally appropriate stop-this-spat-now-before-it-escalates-into-something-really-ugly type of solution for an equally offensive insult of that time and place...

He said, "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also."

Tom

'Nuff said, let it go...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Posted

Glad to see that reason has returned to the chuch Tom. Thanks for your response. This is what I hope we can be accountable to.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...