Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Ten Virgins (nothing to do with Islam)...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello friends & fellow believers. After thinking about Matthew 25 last week, I made this simple chart tonight. I welcome your input, especially on the question at the end.

TenVirgins.jpg

Lord bless,

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

Nicely done! I will use this.

You know, the NRSV translates them as "bridesmaids." I don't think, theologically, it makes a difference. I love word etymology.

Posted

Thanks.

So what made the difference between these two classes of people? They started out the same..

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

Got this from Batchelor: "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."

So what does the sleep refer to in matthew 25?

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

Thanks.

So what made the difference between these two classes of people? They started out the same..

oG

It's a good chart and worth contemplating. I'm satisfied the only difference between the two is the acquiring of extra oil, a metaphor of the Holy Spirit. The best of plans and intentions are doomed to failure when God is not invited to bring about enabling power for success.

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5 KJV

Blessings! flower

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...