Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Texas Man Kills Burglars


Recommended Posts

Posted

Pasadena man fatally shoots burglary suspects

Quote:
The man, who police have not identified, knew the owner of the house in the 7400 block of Timberline Drive was not home, and that the noise could possibly be a burglary, Corbett said. The man then called police to inform them he thought his neighbor's house was being burglarized.

The man then saw two men coming through a gate in the backyard of the neighbor's house.

"He confronted them with a shotgun," Corbett said, and asked them to stop. They did not and he fired two shots, striking each man once, Corbett said.

One man was found dead about two houses from where the reported burglary occurred. The other was found dead across the street, Corbett said.

I read this neighborhood was having a rash of burglaries. I bet that is over now. The guy was on the phone with police for five minutes before he confronted the burglars. I heard on the news that there was a third burglar that took off running down the street. The legal analysts are saying it is not likely the man will be charged with anything. I can hardly see how they can't charge him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

  • Moderators
Posted

I would be surprised if the shooter is not charged since he evidently had no reason to use deadly force. Just because someone merely stole personal property (provided he has not also committed murder in the process of the theft) is not a sufficient reason for a civilian to use deadly force against someone running away. If he shot them in self-defense, that would be different, but evidently this was not the case here. Also, it's one thing to shoot them in the legs to stop them; quite another to shoot them in the head, chest or back, with the realization that it would likely end their lives.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

I would be surprised if he is not charged with second degree murder. And I would be shocked if any jury in Texas would find him guilty.

Gerry

Posted

I would be surprised if he is not charged with second degree murder. And I would be shocked if any jury in Texas would find him guilty.

Gerry

The fact that the man confronted the burglars with a shotgun indicates his fear of what might happen. The fact that the burglars didn't stop when threatened indicates what they might have done if the man hadn't defended himself by firing his weapon.

One thing seems to be sure. The burglar that got away will probably give a lot of thought to whether he wants to pursue the profession of career criminal in Texas.

I remember H.M.S. Richards, the founder of the program "The voice of Prophecy", was reputed to give an answer to the question

did he think capital punishment was a deterrent to crime. His answer__ 'yes, that particular person would stop his criminal activity', or words to that affect.

"Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying,So a curse without cause does not alight."

Proverbs 26:2 NASB

Regards! flower

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

I would be surprised if he is not charged with second degree murder. And I would be shocked if any jury in Texas would find him guilty.

Gerry

I think you're right. That happened about an hour from where I live, so we saw it on the news. It didn't sound like he was going to be charged with anything, but even if he is, I'm betting you're right. Crime around here is so high, and the police department is so corrupt, that people are buying guns in droves.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...