Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Hmmm who said all these things?


Recommended Posts

Posted

1: The future will be better tomorrow.

2 One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is, "to be prepared."

3: A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.

4; I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future.

5: If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

6: I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.

7: I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have is that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.

8: For NASA, space is still a high priority.

9: What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

10: May our nation continue to be the beakon (sic) of hope in the world.

11: People who are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history.

12: It isn't pollution that is harming our environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

13: I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

14: We are all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.

15: I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.

16: Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

17: Welcome to President Bush, Mrs Bush, and my fellow astronauts.

18: We are ready for any unseen event that may or may not occur.

19: It's time for the human race to enter the solar system.

20: We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.

Regards, Pete.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

Posted

Urban Legend

Things he didn't say...

1: The future will be better tomorrow.

2 One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is, "to be prepared."

7: I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have is that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.

8: For NASA, space is still a high priority.

9: What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.

13: I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

15: I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.

17: Welcome to President Bush, Mrs Bush, and my fellow astronauts.

19: It's time for the human race to enter the solar system.

Things he did say...

3: A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.

5: If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.

12: It isn't pollution that is harming our environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

During the 1980s, US Senators had the highest divorce rate of any group in the nation. Dan Quayle promised his wife that politics would not come before their marriage or family. That meant that Mr. Quayle was home for supper each night and not out rubbing shoulders with the whose-who. Virtually no one in the press knew who he was because he was at home with his wife instead of out with reporters and lobbiests making a name for himself. Thus when he was selected as Bush's running mate, many were shocked. How could a senator that doesn't rub shoulders with the whose-who get some where without them? Thus the media decided to teach Dan Quayle a lesson. Many of the odd quotes attributed to him were simply never said.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...