Jump to content
ClubAdventist

But For The Grace of God


Recommended Posts

Posted

Dr. Frank Gonzalez, speaker of the Spanish Voice of Prophecy, says that the saying, "But for the grace of God there go I" is as much an American saying as apple pie. He says that in other countries where he has lived and traveled the typical response to seeing someone trapped in vice is to say with a little arrogance, "At least I am not like him."

Consider the contrast between "But for the grace of God there go I" and "At least I am not like him"

Let's talk about that.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

There is a great difference between the two sayings. "But for the Grace of God go I" is defintely more Christ-like and is probably something that is said by true Christians. Something we should all strive for!

  • Moderators
Posted

The first shows humility, an admission that one's success and station in life is not merely the product of one's efforts. The second is like the Pharisee in the temple who prays, "I'm so thankful I'm not like this scum," which shows an attitude of superiority.

Gerry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...