Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Latimer freed (Active Euthanasia)


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

Robert Latimer, the farmer who killed his severely disabled daughter, has been given parole:

Latimer freed

When he killed his daughter Tracey (who had severe Cerebral Palsy) in 1993, he was trying to be merciful. This sparked a huge uproar

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

So, is killing a child because they are handicapped merciful? Or is it a sin to kill them?

  • Administrators
Posted

So, is killing a child because they are handicapped merciful? Or is it a sin to kill them?

I know how I would answer that question.

But I have relatives who were raised on the farm, who are quite willing to let nature take its course (which means that they might not go as far in procuring medical help in extending life). Death to them is an everyday occurence. Their reasoning is that some make it and some don't. You live and then you die. To them it's as simple as that.

So I have heard the kind of reasoning that Latimer took before. I guess it's similar to Old Yeller or the Yearling.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

I guess it depends on a number of things. As I remember it was not merely a handicap situation but she was suffering. He made a choice out of love to relieve her suffering. Maybe he was wrong but who are we to judge?

mel

Posted

I guess it depends on a number of things. As I remember it was not merely a handicap situation but she was suffering. He made a choice out of love to relieve her suffering. Maybe he was wrong but who are we to judge? mel

Some feel that only God has the right to take a life or to 'give' life. But I sure would not fault anyone who felt they had to make such a difficult decision. Could I love someone so much that I would be willing to do such a difficult and painful action? Well ... God knows our heart.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...