Moderators Bravus Posted March 25, 2008 Moderators Posted March 25, 2008 This is Aussie country musician Peter Denahy, and the accents are pretty ocker, but if you have a teeanger around the house, particularly a boy, this might strike a nerve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_veIGGP1Uh4 Quote Truth is important
olger Posted March 25, 2008 Posted March 25, 2008 Slim Dusty wannabee? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Bravus Posted March 25, 2008 Author Moderators Posted March 25, 2008 To some extent, although as a half-Japanese country singer in Oz the background is somewhat different, and the music is more in the Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs school of guitar-banjo wizardry than Slim's more traditional country balladry. Quote Truth is important
olger Posted March 25, 2008 Posted March 25, 2008 Cool. Whaddya think of Bruce Woodley? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Bravus Posted March 25, 2008 Author Moderators Posted March 25, 2008 He's very talented, great writer, great singer and guitar player. Not really my cup of tea, though - as you may know I'm more of a rock/metal type guy, although with fairly eclectic tastes generally. But in terms of folk I'm more into folk-metal like Korpiklaani and Eluveitie than straight up folk. Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted March 25, 2008 Author Moderators Posted March 25, 2008 Here are a couple of samples - I can pretty much guarantee everyone will hate it! KORPIKLAANI - Tervaskanto ELUVEITIE - Inis Mona Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted March 25, 2008 Author Moderators Posted March 25, 2008 But we've got kinda far afield from that Peter Denahy video. You've got a coupla sons, olger - familiar, or were yours more communicative than that? I know our daughters tell us all about their days in great detail every evening over dinner and don't need any prodding to talk. Quote Truth is important
olger Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 Familiar? ha. Not hardly. That fellow is a zombie. Tragically, he represents a growing segment of young people. My sons & I sing in a trio, send me your email and I'll shoot you an mp3 to keep the mice out of your attic. gcwagoner@earthlink.net. We have a few CD's of ours down under, might as well send another one. We sang "With my Swag on my Shoulder" two weeks ago for a small crowd (and many other songs). Pretty tame, I know. Don't believe in no Angus Young stuff. Been taking guitar lessons lately (accoustic lessons). Trying to learn finger-picking. Both my sons play better than I, and Nathan plays the banjo & mandolin. oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Planey Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 <GP> I've heard that song before, Dave, but it still hits home for me as a teacher of that particular age of young male. Pete Denahy has got the minimal lack of communication down perfectly. But judging from Gerry's reaction, maybe it is an Antipodean specialty. And in response to Gerry, that guy is really nothing like Slim Dusty. There are lots of Aussie country performers other the the much loved, late Herr Dusty. Perhaps you may have heard of Keith Urban, Adam Harvey, Adam Brand, Lee Kernaghan, just to name a few. (By the way, Peter Denahy doesn't sound much like any of them either.) Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
olger Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 I know he's nothing like Slim. Slim was the Johnny Cash of OZ. Any truth to the rumor that Slim gave a large sum to the Adventists upon dying? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.