Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

My son, who lives in Monrovia, Liberia, sends me a message this morning saying, "Do you want to know what the police do when you park in the wrong spot?"

I said, "I give up! What do the police do?"

He said, "Slash your tires, steal your battery and take your car." This happened to one of my son's staff for parking in front of the Ministry of Finance building.

I think our parking fines here are cheaper.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Moderators
Posted

Pretty harsh, but I'm sure he'll NEVER do it again!!!

Gerry

Posted

Thank God for the good ol' United States and our parking policies.

Tell you son that Liberia's policies are not nearly as bad as those in Northern Ireland when I lived there. If you were parked in a place that required one person to be in the car at all times ... and you were not present .... they would take your car and blow it up just for the fun of it. No more car ....

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Why would they slash tires steal the battery, and then take the underivable car? :) Wouldn't it be more rational to just tow it like they do here?

Posted

I have to wonder if some of the public got to the car before the authorities did.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Administrators
Posted

Why would they slash tires steal the battery, and then take the underivable car? :) Wouldn't it be more rational to just tow it like they do here?

I have long stopped trying to figure out the logic of the Liberian culture

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...