Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Al Jazeera English


Recommended Posts

Posted

If you buy the "3ABN" dish as some call it and get the twin LNBFs so you can pick up both AMC4 and Galaxy25 you will be able to get Al Jazeera English and MHz Woldview. Both are 24 hour news channels.

"MHz WORLDVIEW is a new, non-commercial television channel designed to bring a broader perspective of the world to American audiences. MHz WORLDVIEW is offered as alternative programming for U.S. public TV stations and directly to viewers through Globecast’s World TV service. MHz WORLDVIEW programming is English accessible (either in English or subtitled)."

"Al Jazeera English is a 24-hour English-language news and current affairs TV channel headquartered in Doha, Qatar. It is the sister channel of Al Jazeera...

The channel aims to provide both a regional voice and a global perspective to a potential world audience of over one billion English speakers, but without an Anglo-American worldview"

Actually I think Al Jazeera does give an Anglo-American worldview. Much like FOXNews, I think they try to be fair and balanced. They normally have different people on with different opinions. While I see FOXNews as a step above CNN and MSNBC, these two channels seem to be at the same level as FOXNews. I think they do a good job covering the news. And.. they are free... NO MONTHLY FEES!

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Just remember that you cannot get all that from Hope Channel/3ABN. You must go through AdventSat and specify the twin LNB. I am in process of having a local technician add the second LNB to my system so I can watch Gospel Music Television.

Posted

That is correct. You need to have the dual LNBF and often times it requires professional installation. I actually prefer a larger dish than the standard 36". I think a 39" dish improves it but Adventistsat only sells a 36" and 48" dish. If a person has the money, I think it worth getting a little larger dish but I know not everyone agrees with me about that. I actually have two dishes. Each pointed at a different satellites and I have it set up so I can have four receivers hooked up to four different TVs if I want.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...