Dr. Shane Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 Anyone planning to take a vacation this summer? We are planning to go up to the Midwest and see a lot of family. I am going to take the kids by my college and high school as well as the old farm where I lived as a very young child. It is going to be one of those exhausting vacations - I get tired just thinking about it. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Taylor Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 But you will have fun Shane! BTW are you still moving oversease and if so when? Quote
cricket Posted May 7, 2008 Posted May 7, 2008 St. Louis, eh?? Any chance you'll be going to church one of those four days? My daughter will be the designated traveler this year. She'll be in Italy for two weeks and in South Dakota for three more. As for me, a trip to Kansas City looks promising and perhaps a trip to Nashville, Memphis, Gatlinburg, or maybe Chicago late in the summer. Quote
Moderators LynnDel Posted May 7, 2008 Moderators Posted May 7, 2008 Take it easy, Shane. Enjoy the journey, stop and see the sights along the way. Quote LD
Dottie Posted May 10, 2008 Posted May 10, 2008 I plan to visit my daughter for about a week in June, then go to my sons' for a week in July. I haven't seen my grandchildren in three years. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted May 10, 2008 Author Posted May 10, 2008 dgrimm60 and I are headed to the Midwest. What part of the country does your daughter live in, Dottie. The price of gas makes a trip quite a bit more expensive than a few years ago. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
carolaa Posted May 10, 2008 Posted May 10, 2008 We're going to a family reunion in Branson this summer. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted May 10, 2008 Author Posted May 10, 2008 Wow! My wife and I have talked about going to Branson some day. I think Charlie Pride still has a little spot there. We enjoy country music and Branson is just oh, so, country. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Brutha Bouregard Posted May 10, 2008 Posted May 10, 2008 Ah plan to grab maself an intertoob and a mint julip, and go sipping down the local river in ma intertoob...perferrably with a little pink parasol in mah mint julip...at least once this summah. Quote
carolaa Posted May 10, 2008 Posted May 10, 2008 Wow! My wife and I have talked about going to Branson some day. I think Charlie Pride still has a little spot there. We enjoy country music and Branson is just oh, so, country. LOL, we don't enjoy country music too much, but we do enjoy Silver Dollar City. Actually, the native music around that area tends to be more bluegrass than country. But Branson is considered the "Live Music Capital" of the world, and they have about every kind of music that families might enjoy, along with lots of other family-type entertainment. What cracks me up are the hillbilly shows where they make people laugh by making fun of themselves, and then they laugh all the way to the bank! Pure genius. Quote
Dottie Posted May 10, 2008 Posted May 10, 2008 Shane, Daughter lives about 3 miles from Southern, and boys live in Idaho. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.