Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Our pastor used this quote last Sabbath and I thought it was good.

"This feeling of guiltiness must be laid at the foot of the cross of Calvary. The sense of sinfulness has poisoned the springs of life and true happiness. Now Jesus says "Lay it all on Me; I wll take your sin, I will give you peace . Destroy no longer your self-respect for I have bought you with the price of My own blood. You are Mine, your weakened will I will strengthen; your remorse for sin, I will remove." Then turn your grateful heart, trembling with uncdefrtainty, and lay hold upon the hope set before you. God accepts your broken contrite heart. He offers you free pardon. He offers to adopt you into His family with His grace to help your weakness, and the dear Jesus will lead you on step by step, if you will only put your hand in His and let Him guide you." from This Day With God page 63

  • Moderators
Posted

Aqua regia will dissolve gilt bwink

Truth is important

Posted

Taylor, that is a great quote. Did your pastor use any scriptural references with that as well? I'd like to be able to "translate" that quote into a Biblical reference--both for personal use and for sharing with others.

Posted

Our pastor used this quote last Sabbath and I thought it was good.

"This feeling of guiltiness must be laid at the foot of the cross of Calvary. The sense of sinfulness has poisoned the springs of life and true happiness. Now Jesus says "Lay it all on Me; I wll take your sin, I will give you peace . Destroy no longer your self-respect for I have bought you with the price of My own blood. You are Mine, your weakened will I will strengthen; your remorse for sin, I will remove." Then turn your grateful heart, trembling with uncdefrtainty, and lay hold upon the hope set before you. God accepts your broken contrite heart. He offers you free pardon. He offers to adopt you into His family with His grace to help your weakness, and the dear Jesus will lead you on step by step, if you will only put your hand in His and let Him guide you." from This Day With God page 63

And,

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

KJV

" For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:17 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...