Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Tears Tears ....

Redwood is crying ...

On Fox News they showed giant Redwood Trees going up in flames in the fires of Northern California. This truly is a cryin shame. There is nothin more majestic than a grove of Redwood trees.

This REALLY hurts.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Some say that they are the Cedars of Lebanon, transplanted - that little stand of 400 runted cedars in present-day Lebanon notwithstanding.

And yes, it is a cryin' shame that we're losing them. Were I guv'nor, I'd have made them first priority - rather than homes. Homes can be replaced.

  • Members
Posted

My brother lives up at Leoni Meadows Camp (in the Sierra Nevadas of Northern California) and they had a lightening strike that no one knew about until they saw smoke. There were no available fire fighters, so the camp staff had to try to put out the fire....

Here's some pics of the helicopter dipping camp water for a fire about 3 miles from the camp.

I agree, Redwood....the sight of those majestic trees going up in flames is awful.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

Thanks for your support guys ...

I would go so far to say that there is not much left on this earth that is as spiritual as a grove of Redwood Trees. Walk through a grove and you feel SO close to God it is just amazing. You can just stand there in awe and feel like you are looking up at God.

How many of you have been to the Lady Bird Johnson Grove ???

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Members
Posted

Sorry to hear that Redwood. I've also heard that some of them are very old.

pkrause

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

When we have bushfires in Australia, we do not fear for the trees as forests here in Australia grow back from being utterly burnt. In fact, new trees do not begin growing from seeds without a fire. A fire burns through the eucalypts and within 6 months there is fantastic greenery that grows back, and burnt old stumps of trees grow back more virulent because of the fires. I guess this is not so with your giant trees?

Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening. -- Dorothy Sarnoff

Posted

I don't have a TV so I don't know...

I do know that the Pine Tree need a fire for many of it's seeds. Seems to me that the Redwood is one of those as it has a wax on it that prevents it from growing. [no moisture, no growth]. The fire melts the wax, and the water is able to get to the seed....

Fire tends to clear out the under growth of the trees....and redewoods trees tend to be somewhat fire resistant, due to the bark....but, the more undergrowth, the hotter the fire...the hotter the fire, the more damage to the redwoods...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

Trying to help..

handkerchief_21104_lg.gif

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...