darlene Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 My mother passed away one hour ago. She had a lot of pain last night and much of today. However, she just breathed a couple of heavy breaths and was gone. I don't know plans for her funeral yet. Quote
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted August 21, 2008 Moderators Posted August 21, 2008 Oh, Darlene, please know you have my sympathy. Just remember, your mother is resting now without any more pain -- and the next face she sees will be Jesus' face! My mother passed away four years ago, in much the same manner. Just breathed a heavy breath, and then she was gone. We have so much to be thankful for -- our mothers gave us so much! Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Moderators Nan Posted August 21, 2008 Moderators Posted August 21, 2008 My thoughts and sympathy too, Darlene - it is only 7 months since my mother died, and the memories are still fresh. May you be sustained through this time of necessary busy-ness, and then in the empty days which follow. Quote
Planey Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 Oh Darlene, my heart absolutely bleeds for you. There is not too much that anyone can say to you at the moment which will really help (especially from1 10 000 kilometres away.) I hope you have friends and family close enough to you to give you lots of meaningful hugs. These can definitely help a bit. May I just reiterate what Jeannie said - no more pain, peaceful sleep, and the next face she sees will be her Saviour who loves her deeply. And she will have a perfect, disease-free, pain-free body which will stay that way forever!! And now, I know this is not all that satisfying, but here is my cyberhug: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Darlene}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Administrators Naomi Posted August 21, 2008 Administrators Posted August 21, 2008 Hello Darlene, Words are empty at a time such as this, please know that you are in my heart and prayers. One day the pain and sorrows from this old ball of mud will be no more. Until then, You are loved {{{{Darlene}}} Naomi Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
darlene Posted August 21, 2008 Posted August 21, 2008 Thank you for all your word's of sympathy, encouragement and prayers. They are so much appreciated! I'm at work today trying to concentrate a little, but(sitting at home alone is not fun at this time) will be going to Alberta as soon as we decide on a funeral date. Quote
Stan Posted August 23, 2008 Posted August 23, 2008 Darlene please let us know when you will leave.. Some of use would like to send flowers, which is the best way? To Alberta? and where. To do those how would like to contribute to the flower fund please paypal to stan@clubadventist.com PM me for other details... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
darlene Posted August 23, 2008 Posted August 23, 2008 I'm leaving on Wednesday or Thursday, depends when and if my niece, Joan can come with me. The funeral is at the College Heights Church at Canadian University College at 1 p.m. on Friday the 29th. I'll be staying in Clive with my sister -Alberta and John Blake. Quote
darlene Posted August 26, 2008 Posted August 26, 2008 Thanks to Stan and all the others who contributed to the floral arrangement. It is beautiful! I will be taking it with me tomorrow when I drive to Lacombe, AB, so that my family can enjoy it too. We will really, really miss my mother but, are glad that her suffering is over. The next thing she will see is Jesus face when He returns along with her family. Now, that is very comforting to us. Quote
darlene Posted August 30, 2008 Posted August 30, 2008 Today, was my mother's funeral. What a draining experience! Especially when you get to sing for your mother's funeral. Barely made it through but, did. I've sung for hundreds of funerals and once before I sang for one of my sisters'. But, this was really difficult. My mother was a very special, godly person and many there shared memories of her, especially her grandkids and children. She will be greatly missed. I think there must have been at least 300 people there; many of them her family members. She will be missed but, we have something beautiful to look forward to when Jesus Comes. Quote
Stan Posted August 30, 2008 Posted August 30, 2008 Darlene Would you mind putting some information into the obituary section here? Those who live in Western Canada will know of the impact and Christian Experience your mother had, others can be encouraged by her life as well. We also get thousands and thousands of viewers from all over, and I am sure there are some who would want to know of the change. I feel your pain, and dread the moment when I get 'that' phone call regarding my mother. Courage Stan Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.