Woody Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 How many of you watched Mrs.McCain during the Palin speech. Usually when you observe her ... she is very stoic and just sits stiff. But during Palin's speech she could not contain herself. She was almost crawling out of her skin she was SO excited. I thought she was going to dance a gig. It was fun watching her. I do have to admit that I did prefer watching Palin but McCain was a close second. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted September 5, 2008 Moderators Posted September 5, 2008 I agree with you, Redwood. I noticed the same thing. We're just starting to get to know them but I like what I've seen so far, very much. What's there not to like about them, anyway? Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 Yes. Did you hear his speech tonight? He said that if you don't like what is happening in the US ... then get active and do something like .... and he gave the example of joining the Ministry. Thought that was a good example. I doubt you would ever hear Obama say that. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 I can imagine Obama saying that. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 You might be right. You might be able to 'imagine' that. But in the current atmosphere of his personal minister for 20 years ... I doubt it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
carolaa Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 What's there not to like about them, anyway? I was disappointed by how negative she was. And I thought McCain sounded like a warmonger feeding people's fears. Neither one addressed issues much. I don't really like their slogan, "country first." What I *thought* they meant by that slogan was like JFK - what can you do for your country and not vice versa. So I had no problem with it at first. However, after listening to their speeches, I must conclude that what they apparently meant instead was "America first," which I thought came across extremely selfish and arrogant. I had hoped for a loftier goal than me, me, me. Particularly from the "Christian" party. I felt really sad to realize so many in our country agree with that kind of thinking. Quote
Moderators Denise Posted September 5, 2008 Moderators Posted September 5, 2008 Quote: What's there not to like about them, anyway? Hi John317, I really enjoyed both speeches very much. I really like Mrs. McCain...what I seen in her was a very compassionate, loving, strong person. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of her with those children....by her tears and love in those, showed alot. Also, she adopted 2 of them. You can tell their family has love and warmth for another. I really like Palin also, but Mrs. McCain is my favorite out of the two. :smile: Quote Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another... Monticello Georgia
D. Allan Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 Cindy does look different. She smiles more - and it is obvious that she is proud of her husband - as she should be. Nice people, sure. But it is their policies that will make the difference in the future of USA, and how it is governed. And the Republicans are all the time looking like more and more of the same old stuff from the last 8 years. Same old 'trickle down' 'your-on-your-own' economics. Same belligerent attitude toward the rest of the world. Maybe some of the sneaky devious dirty tricks of Rove and Cheney will be missing. Let's hope so - how could anyone else have enough hubris to match those two? Quote dAb O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Moderators Denise Posted September 5, 2008 Moderators Posted September 5, 2008 So far I really like their policies. :) Quote Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another... Monticello Georgia
D. Allan Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 Some of us don't. :( Quote dAb O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Dr. Shane Posted September 6, 2008 Posted September 6, 2008 Quote: I was disappointed by how negative she was. The VP's role is to be the attack dog. Biden is doing the same thing. Nothing is wrong with going negative as long as the focus is on the issues or the character of the opponents. Going after their family members or errors they admit to having had made in the past is what we call 'gutter politics'. An example would be going after Obama for his past drug use when he has admitted he did it, it was wrong and he has changed. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted September 6, 2008 Moderators Posted September 6, 2008 Quote: I was disappointed by how negative she was. The VP's role is to be the attack dog. I think that statement was made in reference to Mrs. McCain. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
carolaa Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 No, I WAS talking about Sarah Palin. The original post had to do with Cindy McCain watching Sarah Palin's speech and reacting so positively to it. Quote
D. Allan Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 Found a cute photo of Mrs. McCain at the RNC waiting for Sarah to speak: /dAb Quote dAb O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.