Dr. Shane Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 Please feel free to list things you like about the candidates and refrain from saying anything negative. Obama: I like his commitment to make changes in health-care coverage. I like his commitment to fight terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan. I like his commitment to developing alternative fuels and sources of energy. I like his commitment to expand opportunities for upper education I like his commitment to his wife and family. McCain: I like his record of being bipartisan. I like his record on protecting the environment. I like his judicial philosophy of constructionism. I like his record of supporting free, open, world markets. I like his military history. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
jasd Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 I like the easy, numinous sophistry that the term 'commitment' sometimes connotes. I like the no-fudge absoluteness of 'record'. I likey, likey, likey, --Mikey Ah, c'mon, Shane. I actually like you, too. Quote
carolaa Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 Obama: I like his ideas for regaining respect for the U.S. in the world. I appreciate his willingness to initiate discussions with world leaders that we have alienated. I like his commitment to the Constitution. I appreciate his position on abortion and his desire to promote policies that result in fewer abortions. I like his commitment to treating our returning soldiers better. I like his commitment, from the beginning, to running a positive campaign. I like his family as a role model for the country. I like his commitment to community service. I like his judgment and level-headedness. I like that he purposely surrounds himself with people who aren't yes-men. I like that he is young and healthy. I like that he is a good speaker. I like that he has such a diverse background and recognizes the great diversity in our country. I like that he is a committed Christian. McCain: I like his integrity. I appreciate his long service to country. I think his wife would be a great first lady. Quote
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted September 7, 2008 Moderators Posted September 7, 2008 Obama: I like his promise to lower taxes on people earning less than $250,000 a year. I like his popularity among peoples of other countries. [if New Zealand, for instance, had the right to vote for the U.S. presidency, 95% would vote for Obama. When I asked why, I was told, Because it would be better for the WORLD.] Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
olger Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 If Obama stood for conservative principals, I would support him. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Dr. Shane Posted September 7, 2008 Author Posted September 7, 2008 I am not sure that is a positive comment, Olger. I like the fact that Todd Palin has been a small business owner and a union card carrying member. I like that Sarah is not afraid to take on the oil companies or the good-old-boy establishment. I like that Barack and Michelle Obama choose to do low-paying community work instead of working at a high-paying law firm. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
olger Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 Olger acknowleges his error. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Dr. Shane Posted September 7, 2008 Author Posted September 7, 2008 I really like the fact that Sarah Palin is not afraid to wear a skirt. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
olger Posted September 7, 2008 Posted September 7, 2008 I like the fact that Todd Palin is an accomplished snowmobile racer. This indicates to me that he is not likely to be an environmentalist. I also like common sense. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted September 7, 2008 Moderators Posted September 7, 2008 I really like the fact that Sarah Palin is not afraid to wear a skirt. --AND Michelle Obama also. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.