Lineman Posted September 27, 2008 Posted September 27, 2008 Does God always wait until the very last minute to give us each and every thing we need? Quote Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL ! (Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
Neil D Posted September 27, 2008 Posted September 27, 2008 Does God always wait until the very last minute to give us each and every thing we need? Lineman, your from the Dakotas...it always takes a long time to get to you there.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Lineman Posted September 27, 2008 Author Posted September 27, 2008 I'd have to say very hard, especially when you have no idea where you are at. Quote Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL ! (Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
Moderators Nan Posted September 27, 2008 Moderators Posted September 27, 2008 God has a perfect view of the time clock and consequences, we can only see from our limited view point. He knows what is best and when it is best - and I believe there are times when it is very hard for mere mortals to see things His way. I have had a family example of this just 2 days ago, something I cannot talk about, but a small sign along the way that He is still in control. Quote
Lineman Posted September 27, 2008 Author Posted September 27, 2008 Here's what I wrote some time back. Quote: Why does God always want all the glory and all our praises? Is He so full of Himself that He just has to have all we can give? (Or does it have something to do with how much He loves us?) It's a fair question. At first glance it seems that God needs our praises to boost His self image or something, but let's think about this question some more. What's in it for God when we give Him all the glory? Is He really needing the praise, or is it because He is wanting to see the correct attitude in us? When we give God real glory and praise it will stem from a heart full of gratitude and love. God wants us to be truly happy and when we are praising Him it is doing us the most good and we actually become happier and that makes God happier. So God wanting all of our praise is actually God wanting the best for us. What love! Is it still valid? Quote Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL ! (Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
Moderators Nan Posted September 27, 2008 Moderators Posted September 27, 2008 The answer we give will depend on our attitude to God and present and past relationship with Him. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted September 27, 2008 Moderators Posted September 27, 2008 Does God always wait until the very last minute to give us each and every thing we need? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I have experienced last minute answers to prayer, but I have also experienced the answer to His promise: "BEFORE you call, I will answer." That is not last minute. Gerry Quote
Kountzer Posted September 27, 2008 Posted September 27, 2008 He didn't wait until the last minute to give you your last breath. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Lineman Posted September 28, 2008 Author Posted September 28, 2008 Several years ago my wife and I needed to find a place to live in another town. To make a long story short it came down to the very last weekend before we had to move and He came through. If He does not wait until the last moment to give us what we ask for aren't we more likely to just say that it was our own doing that made it happen? Quote Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL ! (Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
carolaa Posted September 28, 2008 Posted September 28, 2008 I think a lot of times God does wait till the last minute to help us practice our faith. Then there's also that saying, "God is teaching me patience by taking His time." God's primary concern is our salvation, not our comfort. He's continually using every opportunity to help us trust Him and make our character more like His. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted September 28, 2008 Moderators Posted September 28, 2008 I think a lot of times God does wait till the last minute to help us practice our faith. Then there's also that saying, "God is teaching me patience by taking His time." God's primary concern is our salvation, not our comfort. He's continually using every opportunity to help us trust Him and make our character more like His. You hit the nail squarely on the head, I believe. Gerry Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.