darlene Posted October 1, 2008 Posted October 1, 2008 I was just in the NAD Website and found this Special Friday FAX. Maybe this should be in the prayer section but I am posting it here. Please remember him in prayer. FRIDAY FAX , Special Edition September 30, 2008 — SPECIAL EDITION — On Tuesday afternoon, Elder Don Schneider, president of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, announced to the staff that the cyst-like benign tumor that he was treated for two years ago has returned. He will undergo surgery on Friday morning to drain the fluid and relieve the resulting pressure on the brain. He is expected to be in the hospital for two or three days. Recuperation may take up to four weeks. While Elder Schneider will not be attending the Annual Council in the Philippines, he is expected to preside at the NAD Year-end Meeting in November. Elder Schneider told the staff that he remains confident in the power of God and serves the Lord "not because of what He will do for me, but because of what He has already done for me." Your prayers are certainly welcome. Further updates will be distributed once there are new developments to share. Fred Kinsey Assistant to the President for Communication North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church Quote
Woody Posted October 3, 2008 Posted October 3, 2008 Don is a wonderful person. I am sorry to hear this. But his words show what a God fearing person he is ... Quote: Elder Schneider told the staff that he remains confident in the power of God and serves the Lord "not because of what He will do for me, but because of what He has already done for me." Rarely have I ever heard it said better than this. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted October 3, 2008 Members Posted October 3, 2008 I agree with you redwood. And I am glad to see you posting. I hadn't seen you posting for a few days or more. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted October 3, 2008 Posted October 3, 2008 Thanks. Went on a trip out of town. We went to a beautiful Biblical play on the plan of salvation. The actors were supreme. It really was emotional to watch. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted October 4, 2008 Administrators Posted October 4, 2008 From what I understand, everything went fine in surgery this morning and Don Schneider is doing well. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
darlene Posted October 4, 2008 Author Posted October 4, 2008 Thanks for sharing that with us, Tom. It's good to hear. Quote
darlene Posted October 8, 2008 Author Posted October 8, 2008 FRIDAY FAX , Special Edition October 7, 2008 A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America From the editor - This is a letter that was written by Marti Schneider, from her and Don Schneider, to tell about her husband, President Schneider's recent surgery. Update on NAD President Don Schneider By Marti Schneider - Sunday, October 5, 2008 Dear friends, We were preparing to leave for Annual Council in Manila, plus an itinerary in Thailand and Cambodia . . . to be gone a full month. But Don sensed that his vision was slightly blurred. "Let's go to the ophthalmologist, even though we got the 'all clear for a year' word only two months before," I urged him. "Perhaps it is a cataract . . . maybe you need new lenses . . ." But tiny changes in the field of vision test sent Don to get a new MRI. We had a regular 6-month visit with the surgeon within days. After Dr. Aulisi viewed the films, he told Don that the cyst had re-filled and was larger than ever. "But you're not having symptoms!" "Like what?" we wondered. "Like terrible headaches. Like weakness on the left side of your body. Like major loss of vision. How can I operate on a man without symptoms? Would you get a second opinion? Would you go to the surgeon with whom I trained? He's at Harvard . . . at Boston," proposed Aulisi. Of course, we would. So after walking out of Aulisi's office on Friday, we made the appointment. On Monday we were in Boston . . . and got the same opinion . . . "Although you don't have symptoms now, you will never know when they might hit you. You will have to have surgery. Don't leave the country." So after walking out of the Boston doctor's office we called back to Washington to Dr. Aulisi's office again. "Yes," his assistant said, "we've expected your call. Your surgery is set for Friday morning." Don's surgery took place just last Friday, two days ago. Don rested in the hospital on Sabbath. And today, Sunday, he came home. The exciting thing is . . . he is feeling good. He has no pain. He is really alert and full of life! In fact, I think he is doing better than before he went for surgery. So what happened? Did God not hear us when we prayed before? Everybody that was ever healed by Jesus, like Lazarus who was even raised from the dead, has died. I do not serve God to keep from getting a brain tumor. I serve God because Jesus created me, and He died for me. I was healed, I truly believe. However, the cyst came again. And by God's power and His working through Dr. Aulisi, I will soon be back to work! Thank you for your prayers and concern. We appreciate you as part of our family! Our love, Marti (and Don) Quote
LifeHiscost Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 From what I understand, everything went fine in surgery this morning and Don Schneider is doing well. _________________________ "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are soley my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.) In answer to the last, how about the organization of the King of the universe. "That which has been is that which will be,And that which has been done is that which will be done.So there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:8 NASB BTW, thank you for the update. Don Schneider gave some needed advice to my wife, when she was in an abusive marital relationship. We have Pastor Don to be thankful to, for being more attuned to the voice of God before I ever knew her, which subsequently led to the happiest 30 years of our life. Regards! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 FRIDAY FAX , Special EditionOctober 7, 2008 A News and Information Service for Leaders in North America From the editor - This is a letter that was written by Marti Schneider, from her and Don Schneider, to tell about her husband, President Schneider's recent surgery. Thank you for your prayers and concern. We appreciate you as part of our family! Our love, Marti (and Don) Would an email address be available where one might be able to send our thoughts to Don and Marti? Thanks to whoever! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Neil D Posted October 9, 2008 Posted October 9, 2008 Quote: Don Schneider gave some needed advice to my wife, when she was in an abusive marital relationship. Um....Unless I read this wrong, according to the above sentence, your wife was abused by you....UNLESS this is your wife's 2nd marriage.... You wanna clarify the above statement???? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Liz Posted October 9, 2008 Posted October 9, 2008 Quote: Don Schneider gave some needed advice to my wife, when she was in an abusive marital relationship. Um....Unless I read this wrong, according to the above sentence, your wife was abused by you....UNLESS this is your wife's 2nd marriage.... You wanna clarify the above statement???? Oh no, that is how rumors get started. I can't do the multiple quote thingy; but he said "before I ever knew her". So the abuse happened by the first husband, not by Life. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Woody Posted October 9, 2008 Posted October 9, 2008 Let's hope we can think better of LHC than that Neil. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
LifeHiscost Posted October 10, 2008 Posted October 10, 2008 So the abuse happened by the first husband, not by Life. Thank you for the good thoughts, Liz and Redwood. You know you've fulfilled for me one of my favorite principles as lived out in the life of Jesus. "Love...is ever ready to believe the best of every person..." 1 Corinthians 13:7 AMP OTOH, I do recognize that Neil's assessment, if it's not a question, would only be untrue as by deliverance through the grace of Jesus. I'm of the opinion there are two types of deliverance for each child of God. There is pre-deliverance (tempted but not yielding as a result of Jesus' intervention of grace), post-deliverance (having succumbed to sinful behavior after temptation and subsequently delivered by Jesus' grace). However a third classification remains for the professed Christian, no-deliverance as a result of__ "...you do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked..." Rev 3:17 NASB Only because I've been cleansed through the blood of Jesus am I any different than that description. And I have His Word on that. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV And, praise God I have many brothers and sisters in Jesus, sharing the same blessed hope. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.