Woody Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 Gov.Palin is saying that many Americans can relate to Joe the Plumber. And not with socialism which is what Obama is sounding like . She says that everything is possible in American. Let's get behind her. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 Let's get behind her. ....and push her out of the way and let Obama take his rightful place in the political spectrum... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted October 27, 2008 Author Posted October 27, 2008 Watch out what body part you are pushin on Neil. And it's not nice to push a lady. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted October 27, 2008 Author Posted October 27, 2008 The crowds are sure loud at the rally today. They are screaming out ... I am Joe. I am Joe. I am Joe. We need to vote for McCain. He says that he will restore the dream of America. And I think that is what we need. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Denise Posted October 27, 2008 Moderators Posted October 27, 2008 I'm with ya on that Redwood.....I'll be voting for McCain on November 4th. (a day after Norm's and mine 9th anniversary :smile: ) Quote Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another... Monticello Georgia
fccool Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 The crowds are sure loud at the rally today. They are screaming out ... I am Joe. I am Joe. I am Joe. We need to vote for McCain. He says that he will restore the dream of America. And I think that is what we need. Sounds like one of his ads :) Quote
BobRyan Posted October 27, 2008 Posted October 27, 2008 The crowds are sure loud at the rally today. They are screaming out ... I am Joe. I am Joe. I am Joe. We need to vote for McCain. He says that he will restore the dream of America. And I think that is what we need. Been there. Done that. (Early voting today) But the reason we need to vote for McCain is not politics -- it is the moral issues of the value of human life and the sanctity of Marriage. It is the huge issues of Lev 18 for which even a non-bible non-Christian nation is held accountable -- up to the point of it's very existence according to God. That far outweighs all the political niceties that one may favor over another. in Christ, Bob Quote John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted October 28, 2008 Moderators Posted October 28, 2008 Originally Posted By: Redwood Let's get behind her. ....and push her out of the way and let Obama take his rightful place in the political spectrum... I second that motion. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Woody Posted October 29, 2008 Author Posted October 29, 2008 Which one Jeannie? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 Governor Palin is fantastic. If McCain fails to win the White House, as I think he will, I hope to see more of Palin in the future. The far left hate her because she is everything they fear in a Republican. She is self-made (she didn't ride on her husband's or father's coat-tails) She is an eloquent speaker. She is a working mom. She is a living example of pro-life (both her downs syndrome child and pregnant teenage daughter) She is anti-establishment. She is a proven leader. She has a high approval rating in her state and is very likable. In four years her credentials will even be better. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators Bravus Posted October 29, 2008 Moderators Posted October 29, 2008 She is also an incurious person, not unlike George Bush. I actually agree with many of the things you like about both Bush and Palin, but in these world leadership positions I need to see someone who is curious about the world and interested in the world, because that's how people become knowledgable about the world. Sarah Palin could not list one newspaper or magazine she reads regularly when she was asked. She is desperately ignorant about the world beyond the US, and at this age that can only be through being uninterested. She could certainly study up in the next 4 years, but if it's not in her personality to be interested then that would be a chore rather than a joy, and she *still* would know much less about the rest of the world than is needed. Quote Truth is important
Dr. Shane Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 The opportunity is there for her. It is up to her what she wants to do with it. Her lack of world vision isn't uncommon for governors in general. We each live in our own world and many of us don't focus on what is going on outside of our own universe. One of the issues is time. I receive a couple different international news broadcasts via satellite TV. I would love to watch more of it. With work, the local newspaper, AA, family and church commitments my time is limited. I suspect most others are the same. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
jasd Posted October 29, 2008 Posted October 29, 2008 >>She is desperately ignorant about the world beyond the US, and at this age that can only be through being uninterested.<< Silly me, and here I’d thought that The Great Carnac, Swami – was Resting In Peace. Don’t tell, he’s resurrected...? or, mebbe, simply channeling? Actually, I listen to world views and observations through Shortwave radio and find that much of what is broadcast is almost as ill-informed as our National sources of information; well, I temper that with the observation that that is insulting to [considered] lesser entities than our own MSM... :-o Quote
carolaa Posted October 30, 2008 Posted October 30, 2008 Governor Palin is fantastic. If McCain fails to win the White House, as I think he will, I hope to see more of Palin in the future. The far left hate her because she is everything they fear in a Republican. She is self-made (she didn't ride on her husband's or father's coat-tails) She is an eloquent speaker. She is a working mom. She is a living example of pro-life (both her downs syndrome child and pregnant teenage daughter) She is anti-establishment. She is a proven leader. She has a high approval rating in her state and is very likable. In four years her credentials will even be better. I could agree with all of that except the eloquent speaker part. She's an eloquent teleprompt reader. Not so good otherwise. But I'm sure she has potential to be an eloquent speaker. Quote
Woody Posted October 30, 2008 Author Posted October 30, 2008 CoA ... I am curious as to where you got some of your perspectives? I sure haven't heard of these things. But we could discuss and agree with you I suppose. But that would be preaching to the choir. For I think we all would agree with your concerns. Just don't know they are real. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted October 30, 2008 Posted October 30, 2008 She's an eloquent teleprompt reader. Not so good otherwise. But I'm sure she has potential to be an eloquent speaker. I have seen a lot of footage from her running for Alaska governor and a documentary of her while governor. She can do more than read a teleprompter. She is articulate and motivational. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
carolaa Posted October 30, 2008 Posted October 30, 2008 I'm not sure where you're coming from. Who are you responding to? Quote
Woody Posted October 31, 2008 Author Posted October 31, 2008 Perhaps it was mostly the 'unsaid' as you said. But then that can be dangerous. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.