Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Guilt


Kelly Youngberg

Recommended Posts

Posted

Howdy everyone...I haven't been around for a while, but I see a few familiar faces here and there.

Tonight I come to you with a special request, one that this community is specially equipped to handle.

First, I direct your attention to a post on my blog: #2: Guilt, where you can read the background.

Second, I request your assistance in expanding this list. You may prefer to leave an anonymous (or not) comment on the post, or you may wish to leave a comment here. It's up to you; I'll be checking both places.

You're welcome to include your own personal experiences as you describe something that made you feel guilty. However, I ask that you do not comment on why someone else should or should not feel guilty about something; I don't want this to devolve into something I'm not prepared to handle.

Thank you for your participation.

  • Moderators
Posted

Hi Kelly, great to see you, it's been a while.

One instance in which I felt guilt was when I wrote a note to the principal of the school I was teaching at, while I was quite angry with a certain student, saying 'why do we need this student in our school?' The principal later came and asked me whether he could show the note to the boy's mother, and I should have said

'No', but I was distracted and a bit intimidated by the principal and I agreed. I think it caused hurt to that mother and son that was unfair, and I wish I could take it back.

Truth is important

  • Moderators
Posted

...and just now, when I saw the 4 empty Diet Coke bottles in my office bin.

It's the empty bottles, not the Diet Coke, mind.

Truth is important

Posted

When I first joined this church, in '96, I said an untactful thing to someone. There was a woman that wore as much make-up as a clown. I told her about what I learned when I worked at a fast-food place. Every day, we dumped buckets of grease into a big container out back. I asked about this grease. I assumed it went to the dog food factory, so that was my first guess. The guy told me the grease was gathered up by a truck from the cosmetics factory. That's what they use to make the make-up that women put on their face! That old nasty grease from all those burgers, sausage, bacon, and everything else!

So I told the story to the lady.

I don't know. Maybe it was the right thing to share that information, and maybe not. She would understand I was new in the faith, right? Who knows the long-term results? Maybe it hardened her heart, or just hurt her. I can't decide for certain. All I know is I remember her sad face, because it seemed like I was reproving her. She kinda looked hurt, and embarrassed. I know she didn't immediately stop wearing make-up.

I guess, I just assumed she'd appreciate being informed about that.

I just can't get that sad face out of my mind, to this day. I've learned to be more tactful since then, so I try to forgive myself, and move on. The scars remain, though.

I cant make a sig with 30 chrs

Posted

Quote:
I've learned to be more tactful since then

That would be a good thing.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...