Woody Posted November 7, 2008 Posted November 7, 2008 Some of you have been asking me if I got the chair back from the doctor. Yes. Thank you for your prayers. Because of your prayers I did not have to wait weeks. I got it on Wednesday. The Chair Doctor told me that he was unable to fix it right but that it might last a little longer. At least the wood structures that splintered were replaced. But he told me that he would not fix it again. Even though it has a 'life time' guarantee ... it is meant the 'lifetime' of the chair ... not MY lifetime. And he told me that the lifetime of this chair has expired. No more fixing. I was saddened to hear this. But pray that this new 'fix' will last another 20 years. He doesn't think so. I like my chair. I looked at them new fangled 'modern' chairs ... and they just don't hold a candle to mine. That is unless I spend some $2500 . And I just don't have that much. I have to anticipate the new president robbin me blind. And who knows what else he might do to me. I do anticipate an 'old chair' tax to be comein soon. I would not put it past him. And also ... he just may put a tax on all those who didn't vote for him. And so I would be hit double duty. I just hate being Obamatized. Anyway ... back to my chair. I am now sitting comfortably in my chair with my puppy dog ... you know the one that drives with his ears flappin in the breeze. So, thanks for all your prayers. They did help. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Nan Posted November 7, 2008 Moderators Posted November 7, 2008 I am glad you have your chair back, Redwood. Quote
Taylor Posted November 7, 2008 Posted November 7, 2008 Glad you have your chair back Redwood. So sorry you've had to go through this trouble with your chair. Quote
carolaa Posted November 8, 2008 Posted November 8, 2008 If the new Prez robs you blind, then you must be one of the lucky ones making more than a quarter million dollars a year, in which case you could afford to have someone custom make you a great new chair. Anyway, I do know how you feel about getting attached to something because it's just perfect and nothing else will ever compare to it. So I'm glad your chair will still work for you a bit longer. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted November 8, 2008 Moderators Posted November 8, 2008 Did they put the turbocharger on this time? Quote Truth is important
olger Posted November 8, 2008 Posted November 8, 2008 Obamanomics? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
olger Posted November 8, 2008 Posted November 8, 2008 What kinda chair is it? My dad had an electric lift chair. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Stan Posted November 8, 2008 Posted November 8, 2008 This is an example of socialist vs capitalism when it comes to Medicine.. The Socialist would say.. We need to all chip in to get him the chair he needs. The Capitalist would say.. Buy it yourself. Canada has socialized medicine, it is rare that someone has to lose the family home because of Cancer or other medical devastation. Yet according to a recent report, the Canadian survivor rate is now higher for Cancer (then the US).. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
olger Posted November 8, 2008 Posted November 8, 2008 Uchee Pines percentage is better than both countries. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Stan Posted November 8, 2008 Posted November 8, 2008 and who pays for that? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.