Joe_in_RP Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 Well I am sorry to say that it is time to say goodbye. I came here after the compuserve foroum closed along time ago. I have seen many cat fights here included an attack on 3abn that soured me on this internet style system. I have seen many good things here as well. Apparently I have worn out my welcome. This is no longer a place were I can post without censorship. Its hard for me to believe after all the gossip I saw about 3abn. I wish everyone well and good health. I have no bitterness. I have no resentment. I met some nice people here. I had some wonderful times. I will remember those. God bless. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted November 13, 2008 Moderators Posted November 13, 2008 Hope you stick around here, Joe. You are still welcome as far as I'm concerned. I'll be sorry if you go. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
LifeHiscost Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 Well I am sorry to say that it is time to say goodbye. Apparently I have worn out my welcome. I cannot remember anytime you've posted, Joe, that I may have reflected a decided disagreement. And even if I did, if you have light to share (or maybe to reflect) my negative would only mean the light you have to share is needed more. Whatever your decision, it is my hope you're hope will remain in Christ. Blessings! "Some time later Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us go back and visit the brothers in all the towns where we preached the word of the Lord and see how they are doing." Barnabas wanted to take John, also called Mark, with them, but Paul did not think it wise to take him, because he had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in the work. They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus, but Paul chose Silas and left, commended by the brothers to the grace of the Lord. He went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches." Acts 15:36-41 NIV And so God used the dissension between Barnabas and Paul, which probably wasn't His first choice, to spread the message to even further territories. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Dr. Shane Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 Some people may not have the temperament to handle the negativity that is sometimes on these boards. I tend to avoid the threads I don't like to deal with. Some people just can't help themselves and these types of boards can really get them down and discourage them. 'Different strokes for different folks' the old adage goes. I certainly wouldn't want someone to become discouraged and lose faith as a result of coming here. If a person feels like that is what is happening, perhaps it is best for them to go. As for myself, I have felt that this forum is a great asset to my faith which has helped me grow closer to Christ. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators Bravus Posted November 13, 2008 Moderators Posted November 13, 2008 You'll be missed, Joe. Quote Truth is important
Guest truthseeker007 Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 Joe i don t want you to go! Seriously, i cannot exactly remember the things you said to me, but it was surely good enough to help keeping me alive. Nothing hurts so much as seeing people you care about step out of your life. I have had many many friends, a beautiful girlfriend and now there is nobody left but my cyberbuddies and addictions. I can t imagine anybody here being negative about 3 ABN, they are on the spiritual forefront. Every ministry has a different way of presenting truths. It s multidimensional because none of us can grasp the full truth and comprehend the will of God. Anyway i hope you don t Go... Quote
Stan Posted November 13, 2008 Posted November 13, 2008 Joe I too, would rather you remand here. The comments you had made about 3ABN, after a short discovery period, was influentation in having that thread moved and closed. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Joe_in_RP Posted November 14, 2008 Author Posted November 14, 2008 Thank You Stan. Maybe I will just lurk for a while until feelings subside. Quote
Stan Posted November 14, 2008 Posted November 14, 2008 We all need to take a break from time to time.. some of us wish we could take a looooooooooooong one... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators Nan Posted November 14, 2008 Moderators Posted November 14, 2008 We all need to take a break from time to time.. some of us wish we could take a looooooooooooong one... Nearly 25 years ago I felt like that - overworked, hassled and unappreciated. Then I fell, smashing my ankle, I still have the various titanium bits that were inserted. The 'break' was very effective, the way my friends rallied to help and support - I had a husband trying to work the equivalent of 3 jobs and 4 young children, church responsibilities and my work involving my OB cases - refreshed my spirit and helped me to see things in a much more positive light. I hope Joe can return after a time of refreshing....and that Stan can find something similar, but without the physical break I had to experience. :grouphug4: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.