cricket Posted December 28, 2008 Posted December 28, 2008 Italics serve a purpose in writing as do capitalization, punctuation, indentation and underlining. Italics serve to convey to the reader valuable information about what is being communicated. Italics are often used to indicate titles of complete or major works such as magazines, books, newspapers, academic journals, films, television programs, long poems, plays of three or more acts; as well as foreign words that are not commonly used in English; and even sometimes for words or phrases that the writer wishes to emphasize. Fix the italics, please. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 28, 2008 Members Posted December 28, 2008 I agree, please fix the italics. I find it makes the posts difficult to read (and cricket's reasons are even more succinct.) Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted December 28, 2008 Members Posted December 28, 2008 I voted in the other thread to keep the italics, but I think that you are right its better to have the regular type. So I do hope they fixed it. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators John317 Posted December 28, 2008 Moderators Posted December 28, 2008 I voted to have them fixed because as pointed out, there are legitimate and right times to use italics, and no very good or adequate substitute. Myself I don't see any benefit to having italics all the time. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Stan Posted December 28, 2008 Posted December 28, 2008 I am not sure why it happened.. I have </i> in various places to try and turn them off. They do not show up in firefox for me... and I do not have IE This is not something I did by choice Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted December 28, 2008 Members Posted December 28, 2008 I agree, I voted to hastily. Like I mentioned I do see the need for having the ability to use italics and bold or etc. to emphasize. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Liz Posted December 28, 2008 Posted December 28, 2008 Well had I been able to vote I would have voted to keep them, but after reading Cricket's points I agree with her, they need to be fixed if at all possible. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Stan Posted December 28, 2008 Posted December 28, 2008 I think it is fixed but never did find code to make it that way... weird... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Dr. Shane Posted December 28, 2008 Posted December 28, 2008 Some things that seem small can be so hard to fix. It has taken me weeks sometimes to figure out how to fix things that go wrong on Adventista Foro. Stan is so busy I know better than even ask him to help me do it. Although sometimes he has caught things before I have and fixed them. Thanks Stan. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators John317 Posted December 28, 2008 Moderators Posted December 28, 2008 Yep-- italics all fixed here. Thanks. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 28, 2008 Members Posted December 28, 2008 Thanks Stan. Everything looks good on Safari for me too. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
cricket Posted December 29, 2008 Author Posted December 29, 2008 Looks great from here as well. Thank you, Stan! Quote
Stan Posted December 29, 2008 Posted December 29, 2008 glad it worked out Thanks for the kind support. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.