Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Some new insights


Recommended Posts

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

I was reading the great controversy a couple of days ago and now i think i start to understand the basic concepts of God s rescue plan. I think everything we do and feel is written down in books in heaven and if we have done many terrible things we should confess them, repent of them and then they won t witness against us in the day of judgement. In this way it makes perfect sense why we should look at our own faults rather than the faults of others because we all need grace. So grace means you can be forgiven, but there is a condition. In this way it is a terrible mistake for mainline popular christianity to teach that you can live without living to the law. The law is the standard by which we should live and if we fail we can ask God for forgiveness and then we should repent.

It s the devils job to have people do as much sinning as possible and prevent them from getting to know the true gospel so their sins will witness against them in the day of judgement. In this way it makes perfect sense why God is angry with the Laodicean church because we have so much truth, but we do so little with it. The knowledge that we have is meant to be an instrument for changing the lives of sinners and call them to repentance.

I think that this is the real truth about grace, the law and God s rescue plan. At least that s what i made of it after reading EG White.

Posted

You're right on the money, Truthseeker.

Grace and the Law go hand in hand.

Some will tell you that grace overshadows the law. That our only responsibility is to love. They call trying to live to the law "legalism".

They put themselves in precarious situations (on Satan's turf) and tell themselves that it's OK because they can always count on God to forgive.

Eventually, some will become deaf to the Holy Spirit and they'll think that they don't need forgiveness. That's called "the unpardonable sin".

But there's really no need to fear, we have Jesus. If you choose to follow Him, and put Him first in your life, He'll lead you away from bad situations. He'll show you another side of life, one that's in harmony with God and His plan. He'll pick you up and dust you off and open your eyes. He'll give you a new heart that would rather stay away from evil than court it.

And if you mess up, and we all do, He'll give you the courage to admit your guilt, and to move on. Sometimes, the "movin' on" part takes a while...

Because of our wicked hearts, we can't overcome by ourselves. We need the gift of the Holy Spirit to break our fellowship with evil. He gives us the desire.

Posted

thumbsup

Great Post Truthseeker .... And so glad to see you post here.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

The knowledge that we have is meant to be an instrument for changing the lives of sinners and call them to repentance.

That's true, but ya gotta be careful. Always start with your own self first.

And it's always prudent to give someone the knowledge of our Savior first, so they have somewhere to run when they figure out their need of Him.

Personally, I can't wait for this controversy to be over. I long for God's government. I imagine what it'll be like without greed and mis-trust and selfish ambition...and when these things are gone, without pain, suffering and death.

  • Members
Posted

Good to see you are still around TS. Also a good post. The Great Controversy was one of the first books of EGWs that I read. I enjoyed it very much. I plan on reading it again. Again its good to hear from you. God bless.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

truthseeker007,

Great post!! I see that you "get it" and am SO PLEASED!! I have been reading your posts over the months, even tho I don't often post myself, and have been very concerned for you. I praise God that you are reading and learning about God's awesome plan of salvation. Keep up the good work!!

God bless,

Morning Glory

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

Thank you all for your kindness. I am very sad at the moment. A couple of days ago i got sick and it felt like i was dying but i didn t care so much because my whole life is misery all of the time. I wish i had a home, with God or with his people. I don t know why i am rejected all the time. I think God doesn t like me at all, he must hate me very much for letting me go through all this misery. When i die nobody ll ever know i even existed and my life was meaningless. But there is nothing i can do, i just feel very angry. Why won t God accept me?

let s summarise the contradictions:

- I ve prayed many times as a child that God would never leave me or forsake me

- At about age 15 i totally went the wrong direction with alcohol, sex and occultism. In all these times i was on the brink of committing suicide

-I ve prayed that he would do something valueble with my life

- All i do is sleep, study and masturbate

- I ve prayed for some sign to show that he cares about me and that he is real

- I have deduced the existence of God through reason. i KNOW he exists but for some reason he doesn t show up

- I have prayed with many of you for my right ear to heal

- I am still deaf

- i have prayed for God to help me overcome my sex addictions

- on a regular sad day i have at least 10 orgasms

- i have prayed that God would take away my depression-

- i am still depressed

- i have prayed for money so i could spread books for free

- i never win the lottery

etc.etc.

i still believe that there is a God, but i am not hopeful anymore. He has forsaken me. And i really don t understand why. he is the only one who could possible help me and he holds back whereas i was willing to sacrifice everything for him. i Don t understand, it s so frustrating. I really got to control my anger not to curse or something like that, but i am sick of it.

Is it me, or is God not coming through because i believe the wrong church?

  • Members
Posted

Oh Truthseeker. pals.gif

I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've asked God to change things in my life for the better and it hasn't happened. And I haven't just THOUGHT about committing suicide - I actually tried. But God did not want me to die. He DOES have a plan for you, just as He has a plan for me.

But it is in HIS time, not ours. It is difficult to wait, I know. Believe me - I know. But God does love you and cares about you and what you are going through.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted
thumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Members
Posted

TS have you ever thought that maybe God is testing you like Job. Don't forget that he says that he will never allow us to be tempted beyond what we can stand. So maybe he's showing you that you have more to give than you think. Have a blessed Sabbath.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Good Point pk ... we are all called to bear different crosses. Truthseeker has a high calling.

Praying for your TS

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...