Stan Posted December 31, 2008 Posted December 31, 2008 Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Stan Posted January 1, 2009 Author Posted January 1, 2009 I found this very moving.... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Liz Posted January 1, 2009 Posted January 1, 2009 That is great. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Stan Posted January 1, 2009 Author Posted January 1, 2009 I thought I had a heart of stone,,,,, until I saw this.. I was never proud so be a Canadian, until I saw the Canadian soldiers in Bosnia and Rwanda in 1993-94, and yes, I was there..... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
darlene Posted January 1, 2009 Posted January 1, 2009 It certainly is something very special. Canadian soldiers do not have to be in Afghanistan. They are not forced to go but, because they do go we certainly should honour those who give their lives serving in another country trying to bring peace and freedom for others who do not have peace and freedom. Quote
Taylor Posted January 1, 2009 Posted January 1, 2009 I thought I had a heart of stone,,,,, until I saw this.. I was never proud so be a Canadian, until I saw the Canadian soldiers in Bosnia and Rwanda in 1993-94, and yes, I was there..... WOW!! What can I say! WOW!! If ONLY we did this in America!! How incredibly special! You have every right to be proud Stan! Quote
Members phkrause Posted January 1, 2009 Members Posted January 1, 2009 Yes it is. I really like that. I remember when I was in the Army, during the Vietnam Conflict, no one ever said thank you or even cared. Even though we have the memorial down in DC its nothing like that short clip you posted. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stan Posted January 1, 2009 Author Posted January 1, 2009 Am sure this helps the family heal... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted January 1, 2009 Administrators Posted January 1, 2009 This moving and healing Canadian practice stands in sharp contrast to the US government's prohibition of any public coverage of our fallen being returned home. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 1, 2009 Members Posted January 1, 2009 I can't add much of anything to what the others have said, except I wish the US would honor its fallen the same way. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Dr. Shane Posted January 1, 2009 Posted January 1, 2009 It is sad that MSNBC puts an anti-American spin on this news. I live in a very patriotic part of the US. When we have a fallen hero come home the state police close down the expressway as they escort the fallen hero from airport to the funeral home. The local news stations interview their families and the public are normally invited to the funeral service. It is a breath-taking site to see all the police cars and military vehicles escorting a hearse down a cleared off, six-lane expressway. I can certainly understand the US respect for the family and the dead by not allowing the media to make a circus show out of the returning dead. I can also understand our neighbors, like Mexico, that show dead bodies bleeding in crashed cars or shot by gang violence on the news every night. A line of decency has to be drawn some where. The real story in this news clip seems to be how grateful the Canadians are for their veterans service. I don't see any reason whatsoever why that story has to be turned into an Anti-American story. Can't MSNBC report on how wonderful the Canadians treat their veterans without bashing America? Did the Canadians news services reporting this story bash America too? It is wonderful that the Canadians treat their veterans great. I am a US veteran and cannot tell you how many public events from concerts to car races to Christmas parties and Sea World where I have been asked to stand along with other veterans and thanked for my service. I feel very appreciated and really don't need MSNBC telling me that my fellow countrymen need to act more like Canadians. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Members phkrause Posted January 1, 2009 Members Posted January 1, 2009 That's not exactly correct. The media covers our fallen. Its on the tube all the time. Its how the rest of the country looks at there fallen. You'd never see Americans turn out and follow any procession. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted January 1, 2009 Administrators Posted January 1, 2009 It is sad that MSNBC puts an anti-American spin on this news...I feel very appreciated and really don't need MSNBC telling me that my fellow countrymen need to act more like Canadians. I fail to see how you see this as having an anti-American spin... This story is almost exclusively a positive report about Canadians honoring their war dead. Brian Williams (this was on the NBC Nightly News and not an MSNBC news story...) states an introductory contrasting fact about how the US government does in fact restrict access. This has been reported on by other news agencies, so it is hardly a spin, much less an MSNBC spin. What you describe is a local exception and has not been the norm across the US throughout the current wars. And I don't think the rest of us need to have a touching and heartfelt story of Canadian honor turned into yet another media bashing opportunity and an expression of American pridefulness... Canada does a lot of things better than America, so get over it. Tom Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Dottie Posted January 2, 2009 Posted January 2, 2009 What hasn't been mentioned is the anti-American demonstrators that show up at funerals of soldiers and cause the family and friends even more grief. If this type of procession were to happen in the U.S., it would give them even one more chance to exhibit their unpatriotic fervor. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted January 2, 2009 Posted January 2, 2009 NBC has the most liberal bias of the big 3 networks. With the loss of Tim Russert, it has only gotten worse. MSNBC caters to a liberal audience as much as FOXNews caters to a conservative audience. Spin doesn't mean lying. Spinning a story simply means reporting selective facts. This story started out by bashing America. From watching this report, the way it was reported, the viewer is going to walk away with this sentiment: "Canada does a lot of things better than America, so get over it." That is exactly what MSNBC was trying to say. Another way the story could be spun is to say that Canadians support the War on Terror more than American liberals previously believed. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
LifeHiscost Posted January 2, 2009 Posted January 2, 2009 How long, O' Lord? 'Til you take vengeance on our enemies? "My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?"Psalm 6:3 NIV "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 NIV Come, Lord Jesus!"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."Revelation 22:20 KJV "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."Luke 21:28 KJV Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Marie Posted January 3, 2009 Posted January 3, 2009 Beautiful, and filled with love and caring. We (the U.S.) would do well to do the same. God bless, Marie Quote In His Love, Marie
Stan Posted February 27, 2009 Author Posted February 27, 2009 I understand the Obama/US has lifted the ban on photos of fallen soldiers today. Perhaps now they will have a Highway of Heroes. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Joe_in_RP Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 It would be better if we just ended the war. Then there would be no need of these processions. Quote
Stan Posted March 8, 2009 Author Posted March 8, 2009 Another fallen Soldier returns home... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.