Jump to content
ClubAdventist

from jewelry to human hearts to characters


Recommended Posts

Posted

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Don't think that we will wear jewelry in heaven. Those sparkling crowns will have to be returned to Jesus. Ellen White says that we will throw them at the feet of Jesus.

Wearing jewels in heaven will be completely different than wearing them on this earth. Why? Because the human heart will be different. On earth the human heart is selfish; in heaven and on the new earth, the hearts of the saved won't be centered on self but on Jesus and on others. Their act is a spontaneous acknowledgement that the crowns rightfully belong all to Jesus.

If the humann heart is different, then how come the emphasis on the human character/personality since that is what we will be taking to heaven?

This too is not making sense to me......I understand this body is sinful and will be recreated into a new body, a perfect one...but I question the emotional human heart get left behind... and yet, those emotions are the response to character and personality...

Or am I just an ol' fool who doesn't know what he is talkin' about.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Moderators
Posted

It's quite possible that topic-drift is the one generally new literary contribution of web forums.

Truth is important

Posted

It's quite possible that topic-drift is the one generally new literary contribution of web forums.

Yeah...isn't that true?.....

that's why I decided to not pollute Liz's post..as I think I have a few more ..um...posts, [yeah, that's it, posts!] to add to it if the topic moves in the right direction.... [heheehehhe]

But this topic seemed to me a bit totally different..And it's a question that most of the theologians here haven't answered very well..

I know that we use the term 'human heart', and character and personality...and we've all said that it's our character is the only thing going to heaven....Just what part of us [character? personality?] IS going to heaven....how does that relate tothe term "human heart" that John mentioned... And what is the difference of that human heart if it was similar to Lucifer's [before his realization that iniquity was found in him] ...? If it is similar, how does the non use of Jewelry constitute as a form of righteousness?

Ok, you theologians...have at this subject....I will be following it with my usual confused and perplexed questions...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Moderators
Posted

I don't think we will be emotionless robots in Heaven.

Truth is important

  • Members
Posted

I wouldn't say you don't know what your talking about. What you said about our characters going to heaven with us is the way I see it also. I would say that Jesus does say that when he takes us to heaven we will get a new body and heart also.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Quote:
Christ's character stands in place of your character, and you are accepted before God just as if you had not sinned." Steps to Christ p. 62

"So I will be your representative in heaven. The Father beholds not your faulty character, but He sees you as clothed in My perfection." DA 357

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Quote:
Or am I just an ol' fool who doesn't know what he is talkin' about.....

Doth ye really want us to answer that coz ... iffin ye do's ... ye's mightin be disappoint-in.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

I don't think we will be emotionless robots in Heaven.

No, but our motives - our ambition in life - will be to live for others only.

You will have that love which seeks not her own, but another's wealth. [DA 439]

"In heaven none will think of self, nor seek their own pleasure [i.e., own way]; but all, from pure, genuine love [agape], will seek the happiness of the heavenly beings around them." [2T 132]

Posted

we will get a new body and heart also.

pk

Yes, because our characters are defective also. Nothing imperfect can enter heaven. If there's still self-seeking & self=love in your life then your mind & body is unfit for heaven.

What isn't changed at the 2nd coming is our mindset. If you hate the principle of God's agape love now, even though outwardly you keep the law, you are unfit for heaven.

The converted man of Romans 7 is a good example. Outwardly he was failing to live the mature Christian life, but look at his mindset:

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self...

Rom 6:11 In the same way [as you died to sin in the body of Christ - see 6:6] you are to think of yourselves as dead, so far as sin is concerned, but living in fellowship with God through Christ Jesus.

Posted

Quote:
"Through the merits of the Redeemer, God accepts the efforts of sinful man in keeping His law, which is holy,just and good" Sons and Daughters of God p. 41

"It is God's design to restore that similitude by giving to man victory over sin and over every temptation. The restoration will be completed at the second coming." 7BC 649

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...