Moderators Bravus Posted January 16, 2009 Moderators Posted January 16, 2009 This is the PowerPoint from a sermon I preached about 4 years ago. I just stumbled over it as I was cleaning up some old CDs, and thought I'd share. Do with it what you will: Attack of the Fruit Inspectors Quote Truth is important
Stan Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 Some of my favorite texts are there :) Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 Very Good Bravus . Thanks. I will be showing this one to my wife. I think she will like it also. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Liz Posted January 16, 2009 Posted January 16, 2009 Very good. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Moderators Nan Posted January 16, 2009 Moderators Posted January 16, 2009 Thanks Bravus, good perspective. Quote
Mark Aurelius Posted January 17, 2009 Posted January 17, 2009 That's great Dave! I know just the people who need to hear that the most!! But I did enjoy that. I think I went through an inspector phase, and many converts do. I hope I avoid being a fruit inspector without going losing my desire to improve myself. Quote ἡ ἀλήθεια ἐλευθερώσει ὑμᾶς
Woody Posted January 17, 2009 Posted January 17, 2009 Quote: I hope I avoid being a fruit inspector without going losing my desire to improve myself. There is no problem with fruit inspectors as long as they inspect their own fruit and not others. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted January 17, 2009 Author Moderators Posted January 17, 2009 Awesome to see you here, Mark, welcome. Folks, Mark is a very good guy who I've known for a very long time. Please help me make him feel at home! Quote Truth is important
LifeHiscost Posted January 18, 2009 Posted January 18, 2009 There is no problem with fruit inspectors as long as they inspect their own fruit and not others. I suppose that is good advice as long as you're willing to swallow rotten fruit when you bite into it. "As I have watched over them to pluck up, to break down, to overthrow, to destroy and to bring disaster, so I will watch over them to build and to plant," declares the LORD. "In those days they will not say again, 'The fathers have eaten sour grapes, And the children's teeth are set on edge.' "But everyone will die for his own iniquity; each man who eats the sour grapes, his teeth will be set on edge. " Jeremiah 31:28-30 NASB Regards! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Moderators Bravus Posted January 18, 2009 Author Moderators Posted January 18, 2009 Hmm - who is doing the watching in those verses? Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted January 18, 2009 Posted January 18, 2009 Awesome to see you here, Mark, welcome. Folks, Mark is a very good guy who I've known for a very long time. Please help me make him feel at home! Okay ... if Bravus knows you then you must be a good mate ... so we won't give you a bad time as your initiation. Welcome Mark Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Liz Posted January 18, 2009 Posted January 18, 2009 so we won't give you a bad time as your initiation. My uncle Redwood only speaks for himself. I on the other hand, will give you a hard time, if I can. Welcome Mark Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Woody Posted January 18, 2009 Posted January 18, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood so we won't give you a bad time as your initiation. My uncle Redwood only speaks for himself. I on the other hand, will give you a hard time, if I can. No attacking of this new mate of ours ... or I will inspect your fruit. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 18, 2009 Members Posted January 18, 2009 Welcome to C/A, Mark! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Liz Posted January 18, 2009 Posted January 18, 2009 No attacking of this new mate of ours ... or I will inspect your fruit. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Neil D Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: Redwood No attacking of this new mate of ours ... or I will inspect your fruit. For shame, you two!!!! [muttering something about CYBER inspecting CYBER FRUIT!! ] Even ***I*** am not that bad.... Bravus, are you SURE you want us to welcome him??? He might become as perverted as these two! Mark: Ignore these two...PLEASE, come back and chat with us. You are more than welcomed to do so... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Neil D Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 This is the PowerPoint from a sermon I preached about 4 years ago. I just stumbled over it as I was cleaning up some old CDs, and thought I'd share. Do with it what you will: Attack of the Fruit Inspectors Bravus, Can't seem to get this sucker to download nor to inspect the fruitinspectors... And believe it or not, fruit inspecting, in the spiritual sense, came up in a personal discussion this past sabbath...I sure could have used this, if this had opened up to me... Discussion of the pastor who sure knows how to "call sin by it's right name"...which lead to the discussion of behaviors and fruit of the spirit....and inspecting of the fruit..all the while not judging a person.... sure which I could have looked at that Power point presentation.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 Originally Posted By: Liz For shame' date=' you two!!!! [muttering something about CYBER inspecting CYBER FRUIT!! '] Even ***I*** am not that bad.... Bravus, are you SURE you want us to welcome him??? He might become as perverted as these two! Mark: Ignore these two...PLEASE, come back and chat with us. You are more than welcomed to do so... Don't be fooled Mark ... this poster may be acting like HE is the normal one ... but the truth is far from that. Ha Ha. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 Don't be fooled Mark ... this poster may be acting like HE is the normal one ... but the truth is far from that. Ha Ha. Mark, I hate to BE a fruit inspector, but who are you going to believe....a moderator of a respectable bulletin board or a republican who grows poppies and sells the illicit product? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 I humbly bow to the head pirate. You are so right. I can in no way stand up to your pedigree. And for certain ... I'm not going to rid myself of my poppy fields. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Liz Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 For shame, you two!!!! [muttering something about CYBER inspecting CYBER FRUIT!! ] Even ***I*** am not that bad.... He might become as perverted as these two! Get a load of this Uncle Red; Neil is acting like HE is the sane one in our family. HA, again HA I say. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Neil D Posted January 20, 2009 Posted January 20, 2009 Get a load of this Uncle Red; Neil is acting like HE is the sane one in our family. HA, again HA I say. Well, ....it's obviously true....... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 20, 2009 Members Posted January 20, 2009 shouldn't the family laundry be kept in the family? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Bravus Posted January 20, 2009 Author Moderators Posted January 20, 2009 Not sure why it won't work for you, Neil, but I can probably email it to you. Gimme a tick. Quote Truth is important
Neil D Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 shouldn't the family laundry be kept in the family? And how are you gonna reflect and commiserate on your own family if this "family" is quiet? How are you gonna laugh at our antics when they reflect so much of your family's? I may give Liz and Redwood a hard time....and they me, but I will tell you this much, Pam.... I will go a long way to either one's house if either one needed my help and if I deemed that only **I** was the one that could help them... That same dedication is offered to everyone here whom I deem as friend or family....including you, Pam.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.